Saturday, April 4, 2009

my mind it kind of goes fast. i'll try to slow it down for you.

random thoughts... some of them might be genius. then again, maybe not.

fitz... it seems like all the cool people back in the old days were fitz's. F. Scott Fitzgerald, Fitzwilliam Darcy... just to name a couple. i want to be a fitz too. fitzsarah... catchy right?? turns out, though, i can't. fitz, according to wikipedia, means "son of." the name or position of the father was added after the fitz. so its like an old-fashioned much cooler version of junior. seeing as im not a boy and therefore can't be son of anything, my hopes of being a fitz are now lying broken at my feet. or so one would think. lucky for me, though, i dont really care much about conventions. plus, i doubt people these days even know the meaning of fitz. so from now on, at least until i forget, i will be known as fitzsarah.

on a completely unrelated note, today was heath ledger's birthday. i really liked that dude. so in celebration of his birthday go watch one of his movies. he had some great ones. 10 things i hate about you, a knight's tale, casanova, brokeback mountain... i could watch these movies a million times and not get bored of them.

speaking of brokeback mountain, did you hear that iowa has recently legalized gay marriages?? of course there's now a whole bunch of protests about this. personally, i think that marriage should be between a man and a woman. but do i think gay marriages should be illegal?? not really... america is big on "serparation of church and state." well making gay marriages illegal is far from that. the only thing people have against gay marriages are their morals and religious beliefs embedded so firmly in their minds that they don't even realize it's religion theyre thinking of. so yeah, i don't personally believe in it, but those that do should be able to do what they want. it's not like they're hurting anyone. well, except for the fact that a lot of gay guys are so much awesomer than straight ones.

oscar wilde was gay. he was also an amazing writer. his works are chock full of witty satire and dry humor. i just finished rereading the picture of dorian gray, a novel that he wrote. really short, you should read it. it's all about pleasuring your senses at the expense of corrupting your soul. i think it would be kinda cool to have a picture that aged instead of me.

in dorian gray, there was this book he read that kind of aided in the downward spiral of his morals. books are amazing (i generally prefer fictional people to the ones that clutter my life) but they really can be influential. a lot of people don't realize that. probably because in this day and age a lot of people are illiterate morons who would rather watch a movie than read a book.

anyways, i have to go help my brother defeat elmer fudd. stupid video games.

*Congratulations - Blue October

5 comments:

  1. Hell Yeah! Oscar Wilde was amazing. "Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves, Yet Each Man Doesn't Die".. Pure Genius!

    Ooh Poor Abood... he was left with YOU 'helping' him play the Looney Tunes game? haha what a joke.

    And I dunno about gays not hurting anyone... Apparently they're all out to get my heart :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was ali not abdullah and i only killed him like twice before he figured out how to do it himself. it's teaching him to be independent duh

    and theyre also after hamza... i forgot about that

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just finished rereading dorian gray too, and i love it, love it. i even swore to name my child basil, since the fifth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading Dorian Gray for the first time and I loved it. My favorite character was Dorian even though he was a melodramatic sissy at first, but then he really did change, and his capacity to change really intrigued me. He became corrupt but I completely relished it.

    I also read the Importance of Being Earnest a while back, that was a good one too. Very smart and wity.

    AND HEY, at least gay guys notice my awesome shoes. I know what I believe in, and I want to have the ability to practice being the person that I am, so I'm not really against gay marriage, but I'm not cheering for it at the same time..It's all good with me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read The Picture of Dorian Gray for the first time. I absolutely loved it! I really wanted to get my hands on that probably fictional book he was reading so religiously.

    ReplyDelete