Wednesday, October 6, 2010

but you, you speak my language

the other day, as i was waiting at the bus stop, i met my soulmate. i think that in the fifteen minutes that we spent talking, he became one of my favorite people.

i was reading angels and demons (which i was given to read well over a year ago and just never got around to doing because i kept pushing it to the end of my to-read list. i finally picked it up a couple of days ago, but i'm only about sixty pages in. my slow reading pace and the fact that i didnt even touch it at all yesterday have less to do with the book itself than with the current state of my mind, i think, and the fact that i haven't had much time to really sink into it yet. but i digress.) and i vaguely notice a guy join me on the bus stop bench. it's quiet for a minute, and then out of nowhere he says (really loudly), "oooooh." i look up, confused, and he says, "i saw the illuminati sign *points to page i was reading* and i couldn't remember where i had seen it before. my mind kept telling me the da vinci code, but i knew it wasn't it. angels and demons, right?" i say yes and we launch into a conversation about the movie (which i won't see until after i read the book) and how it was so much better than the da vinci code movie (which he had to stop watching halfway through because he hated it so much).

anyway, we talked about books and movie adaptations and then branched off into other things. and he was smart and witty and could speak without sounding like a moron. being in IT for so long (and okay, being completely antisocial has helped, too), it's been a while since i've met someone new that has interests outside of a screen and actually possesses a vocabulary that lets them articulate what they mean. it was refreshing to know that people like him still existed. when the conversation died down, he pulled out his book and we each sat at the bus stop, completely involved in our own fictional worlds. a few minutes later, my bus came and i haven't seen him since.

and yes, you may have noticed from my story that i was at the bus stop ridiculously early that day. parking, which usually takes me twenty minutes of circling, was surprisingly really easy to find. i was annoyed at first that i would have to wait so long, but if i had gotten there at my usual time, i may not have met him. 

*You Speak My Language - Morphine

4 comments:

  1. When I first saw Tom, I started making sure I got the bus at different times, trying to see him again - so I worked out when he'd be on. Love at first sight. I hadn't spoken to him then, but I knew he was the one. ^^

    I left a note in his bag, he texted me when he found it, and we met up the next day. We were talking for hours and I just knew. I knew he was my soulmate. We've now been together for over two years.

    If you want to meet him again, and you believe he is your soulmate, seriously, try getting to that bus stop at the same time again. Try and find him again. Trust me, seen as he was the one who spoke first, he may be doing the same. Don't let him go ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity :']

    I hope you got to see him, or will see him again. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually have seen him a couple of times since then. i look forward to our bus stop conversations and he's still super awesome to talk to but i'm not like falling in love with him or anything. he's one of those really awesome guys that i would want to be best friends with and stuff without anything romantic, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes sense, it's just nice when you completely connect with someone regardless of whether it's romantic or not, it's nice. I hope you guys get to talking again ^_^

    ReplyDelete