Wednesday, March 4, 2015

we are officially in the single digits today in the countdown to my due date (nine days!!). today also marks the day that i have started receiving texts and calls from friends and family at random times to "check up on me" (read: see if i have gone into labor or think i will go into labor shortly). i am pretty sure that this means that i will soon have to start all phone calls i make with "no, i'm not having the baby right now."

my body is apparently preparing for the months of no sleep by not getting much sleep now which... makes no sense and should really stop. i am very tired.

they are expecting lots of snow tomorrow. i am hoping to get the house cleaned and organized again while i am stuck inside.

i woke up today really wanting a shani and despite the slice of carrot cake i got to eat with lunch, i still really want one. (for those of you not lucky enough to have had a shani before, it's a fruit flavored soda that is found in countries that are not america (except i think i could find it in international markets?) and is delicious in the way that too sweet fake-fruit drinks are. here's what it looks like:

)

4 comments:

  1. <3
    i can't even believe it. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm excited for him to get here. i am very much not excited about what it's going to take to get that to happen.

      Delete
  2. anonymous hippopotamusMarch 5, 2015 at 1:06 AM

    I recently had a shani...and it was disgusting. Not at all like I remembered it being (and by recently I mean before being pregnant...because pregnant me has crazy taste buds. Currently EVERYTHING tastes bland even covered in hot sauce). Maybe they changed the recipe or maybe I just turned to the dark side of adulthood where you don't like disgusting sugary stuff. I also tried the vimto soda...also disgusting. Both of them have this weird bitter after taste...give me regular vimto any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had shani in the summer and still loved it. you have obviously "grown up" and i feel sorry for you. i wasn't a fan of vimto soda, though. it wasn't bad, just not really my thing.

      Delete