Monday, August 23, 2010

i hate packing. i really, truly do. and i hate thinking about the fact that i have to start packing. i heard somewhere that some people actually like packing. that they get some sort of enjoyment out of it or find some amusement in it or something. i think that someone should find these people and introduce them to the million other things they could be doing that are so much more enjoyable than packing. the list is long, ranging from being mauled by a starved lion to watching a movie to riding a roller coaster. i think the only thing worse than packing is folding clothes, and of course you often have to do that prior to packing so it pretty much just sucks all over.

instead of trying to organize my things and maybe get a head start on packing my bag, i am sitting here staring at my computer screen and thinking about sheep mentality. have you ever thought about just how many people get sucked into doing/thinking just how many things just because they've been deluded into thinking it's right because everyone else is doing it? (that is a long convoluted sentence that i don't feel like fixing so sorry.) i think it's important in life to remember that a lot of people agreeing on something does not make it true. for example, tattoos are stupid no matter how many people get them. leggings should not be worn as pants no matter how many people say otherwise. georgetown cupcakes are nowhere near the best cupcakes in the world no matter how many people swear to you they are. and you are never too old to color on a kid's menu no matter how many waiters make fun of you.

five days left of jeddah.
six days until we're back in america and doing the post-travel house clean.
seven days until i start what will hopefully be the last year of school ever ever ever in my entire life because i have finally gotten over whatever perverse enjoyment i used to get out of being a student.

it disgusts me how my mind insists on bringing everything back to the fact that summer is over and school is starting every five minutes.

9 comments:

  1. "leggings should not be worn as pants no matter how many people say otherwise."

    - I just want to say I agree with this, and I hope the person I'm talking about doesn't know how to use Google. But damn, I just had to say something. Anisah miiiggghhht know who I'm talking about.

    "georgetown cupcakes are nowhere near the best cupcakes in the world no matter how many people swear to you they are."

    - I also agree. I went to Georgetown once only to see a long line down the street. Since I will not wait in a long ass line for a cupcake, I decided to go to Haagen Dazs, and I enjoyed it very much.

    Good luck packing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 23, 2010 at 11:44 AM

    georgetown cupcakes really are not that good. Betty crocker cupcakes that you can make at home are better.

    leggings are cute...if worn with a loooong shirt thats almost a dress.. but if you're wearing a short shirt and leggings then no. and if you are not skinny (and im not being mean) then my god please please dont be wearing leggings as pants.. please dont even try wearing leggings at all!

    oh and when i read sheep mentality i immediately though of orange sprinkler water... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM

    check your facebook... and no its not that important..but still I need you to check your facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Flea... ive never actually waited in line for the cupcakes, but i tried one after my friend waited in the six mile line. i'm not saying they're bad, but they're really nothing special. very overrated.

    anonymous hippopotamus... i guessss about the leggings. and me too!! about the orange sprinkler water.

    also, i'm not sure what you wanted me to see on facebook, so if i didnt reply to it, lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM

    no you replied to it.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    Can you ask Mommy and Daddy if they can bring Zazu a new zipper tobe? His old one is too short. I emailed them the details..

    if they can't or its too much trouble then thats fine..make sure to tell them that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest.. I agree with the whole leggings thing... and cupcakes. And I loooooove colouring in the kids menu.

    But I do think certain tattoos aren't stupid. People who get random stuff done... yeah, stupid. It's a fad.... But most people I know have lost someone and got a memorial tattoo, or have something in dedication to a loved one (a friend got the breast cancer logo as his mum has breast cancer). Others have something to symbolise their religion... which is where I fall in. Me want a tattoo that symbolises my faith and who I am.


    And I have a year of freedom before uni ^^ Got AABBB in my A-levels. Lincoln, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dunno, whenever i see a tattoo all i can think of is when the person gets really old and how the s/he will probably regret it. i guess that applies more to the random stuff, though. it's just really permanent and people tend to change.

    and CONGRATS!! those are awesome grades. enjoy the year of freedom... i kinda wish i took one. oh and Lincoln?? the first thing that came to mind was Lincoln, Nebraska but i'm guessing that's not what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no...: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk

    It's gorge. Am gonna study Forensic Science. Can't wait ^^

    Only I forgot to fill out the accommodation form so it's been sent to me with an need for urgent response :p woopsie

    ReplyDelete