Sunday, August 8, 2010

just see how she makes them love her, twisting the world around her finger

[hey look a link to read.]

if you tell me that i stole your heart because i thought it would looksoundtaste pretty collecting dust in the back of my closet. if you say that i swallowed your happiness, your pain, your tears because i was never able to find any emotions of my own. if you tell me that i ran you off the edge of reason just to watch you as you fell. if you say that i took your breath away just to see how many shades of blue you'd turn. if you tell me that i asked for your dreams just to listen to the tinkling they made as they shattered. if you say that i electrocuted your nervous system because the sparks could keep the shadows away better than a night-light. if you tell me that i melted your spine and buckled your knees because it made me look taller. if you say that the bruises on your ego are the exact size of my fists.

if you tell me that i made you love me just because i could...

then i'd just smile and turn away because you'd be right.

*Truth Behind Her Smile - Culture Cab

9 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM

    hahaha :D you can't write things like this! then men will say see see women are evil.

    lool reminds me of 3azeeza and how she would tell me i did all that stuff to her.

    :D your posts today are very relate-able for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol whatever. and wow slightly jerky of 3azeeza.

    awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, but the ending kind of threw me off; I expected something a little more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm yeah i can see where you're coming from. the first part is all flowery and stuff and the end is just there. maybe ill change it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM

    noo i like the way the end is so straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw your story on Mahoney's book shelf. I picked it up and opened it and read the first few pages and I couldn't help but feel like a proud mother because even though it's printed and everything I see the Word document. That said -only because I wanted to, I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous hippopotamus... i'll give myself a few days so it's not so fresh in my mind and reread it to see what i think then.

    Lujain... i know exactly what you mean! when i first got the books, after the initial super excitement wore off, i read the first few pages and saw it in its handwritten form. i hadnt realized that you read it, but when i think about it i kinda shoulda known.

    anyway, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you guys made me like reading. Well, it was a mixture of my Harry Potter fascination and your story, but still a contribution nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god. seriously the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. ever.

    ReplyDelete