Tuesday, December 28, 2010

you know, you ruined my night's rest

so things have been... tense at my house lately, to say the least, but in the midst of all the blechness floating around, i made butterbeer cupcakes yesterday which made me happy. who doesn't get happy when mixing baking and harry potter, let me ask you.

anyway, the latest book i'm reading with my brothers is the secret garden. my sister was obsessed with the movie growing up, and i remember when i first found out it was based on a book, i was floored. when i shared this mind-blowing news with my mom, though, she was less impressed. turns out she, and about a million other people, already knew. she told me that all the really good movies are based on books, and fifteen or so years later, i think i havta agree. while my brothers were not immediately drawn into the book, it's caught their attention now and while "it's no ella enchanted, bfg, or the castle in the attic, they have to say that it is pretty good."

also, one of my professors for next semester just emailed all of us. he said to check the blackboard info about the term paper which we have to have a topic for the first or second week of class. reading the assignment description made me nauseous (random side note: i hate writing this word, it always looks misspelled to me). it's that feeling of nerves mixed with something else you get before you decide that you are going to do awesome and there is absolutely no point stressing over anything. you know the one? anyway, i'm not in the right mood to be confident of my ability to do awesome, and so he basically just ruined my night. thank you mr. osgood.

i am off to eat a cupcake and lose myself in a fictional world until i can figure out what part of "winter break" can be confused with "extra pre-class time to assign stuff in."

*Keep Your Man in Mind - Billy Childish

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 7:01 AM

    for some reason reading the word nauseous actually left me feeling incredibly nauseous. :| i feel really gross...and i always wante to ask which sister is referenced here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the word nauseous is just gross and it always feel wrong spelling it. and the referenced sister is you.

    ReplyDelete