Tuesday, September 11, 2012

you've been on my mind

i have this friend who i'll go months without speaking to (actually i have a lot of those. it's kinda sad) and then one day i'll be thinking about her or she'll show up in my dream or something, and next thing i know i have an email in my inbox from her saying that i was on her mind/in her dream. it's really cool. and i haven't seen this girl since i was in tenth grade, but it's always been like this. it's generally in these moments though that i lament the fact that i tend to get so wrapped up in my own life that i withdraw from whatever friends i've managed to keep over the years. i'm too hermit-y for my own good. at these moments i'll decide that i'm just going to stop being such a social recluse and invite everyone over to my house. but then i'll look around at the mess i'd be forced to clean and watch another episode of gilmore girls instead. (the show changes, the laziness never does.) i think my new year resolution is going to be to go back to the time in my life when i actually kept in touch with all of my friends. that should be fun.

you know what isn't fun? probability homework. and calculus that i need to relearn because i cannot for the life of me remember it from that one semester my first year of college. i'm not going to look at any of that until i come back from my meeting this afternoon that will either send me into a panic over my absolute unreadiness to move on in this program or give me a high off the knowledge that i'm actually on track and can do this. i'm planning on going out to buy the new candy corn oreos that i've heard so much about the past couple of days, because i love candy corn and i love flavored oreos, to either console me in my misery or celebrate with in my happiness. i'll let you all know how they are because i'm sure you're dying to know.

*One and Only - Adele

4 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusSeptember 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

    oreos oreos i waaaanT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately, walmart had an entire aisle filled with every kind of oreo imaginable aside from candy corn. i was very disappointed. i'm gonna go look for them today though cause i have no class.

      Delete
  2. Gilmore Girls is a perfectly reasonable excuse for not doing housework. So are Supernatural, Glee, and So You Think You Can Dance. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfect. now i don't have to feel guilty :).

      Delete