Tuesday, July 5, 2011

close your eyes, clear your heart, cut the cord

i was originally going to have this post be published later and just pretend that i wrote it tomorrow. but then i thought that we know each other well enough that lies and tricks aren't necessary, right? right. tomorrow i'm thinking i'll be much too busy to type up a post and well, what's a couple of hours anyway?

being an avid lover of words, it always surprises me when words fail me. to be completely honest, though, i could write pages and pages trying to describe the thoughts running through my mind right now and i still wouldn't even come close to making you understand. i would write in circles and jump through loopholes, write myself into corners and then fly off on random tangents. i would contradict myself with every sentence and make barely enough sense to buy a gumball.

so you know what? i'm not even going to try.

why'd i bother writing a post at all if i'm not going to write anything of meaning in it, you wonder. well, i'm getting married. me. and i felt like this should be documented somewhere. so here i am. documenting this. the next time i write in this thing, if everything goes according to plan, i will be officially married. i still think it's crazy and probably one of the hardest things i've ever done.

wave goodbye, wish me well, you've gotta let me go.

(i almost put that lyric as the title, but felt that the one i chose was more about me and this second one is more like to my family. you know, just in case you were wondering.)

*Human - The Killers

5 comments:

  1. MY LOVEEE
    I WISH I WAS THERE.
    have fun, good luck and come back here so i can celebrate with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best. You'll be great and it'll be the very best day of your life so far. Think of all the best days yet to come to :D

    If you're still coming London, mebbe I can gatecrash :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous hippopotamusJuly 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM

    this post depressed me when i first read it five days ago..especially the line wave goodbye, wish me well, you've gotta let me go. It seemed so final...it seemed like the end, almost as if you really were dying. :'(

    but reading it now...its not so depressing especially after seeing you at your wedding...a beautiful bride. (which as i already told you i'm still jealous about lol)

    anywaaays...congrats sarah!!! i love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. r... thank you and i'll be back soon and then we have to get together.

    Hannah... thank you! and we are still coming to london and it would actually be really cool to see you. maybe i could buy that necklace from you in person. :)

    anonymous hippopotamus... yeah, that line depressed me, too. with the way people talk, i might as well be dead lol. and lol you're so stupid and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when is good for you and I'll get a day off to pop down. :p And if you still want it, we'll get one made up just for you :D

    Would be amaaaaazing to see you though :)

    ReplyDelete