Tuesday, April 3, 2012

i can tell that we're going to be friends

yesterday i got pulled over by the cops for the very first time in my entire life. i've never even been with someone who's been pulled over before. but there i was, eleven thirty at night, just leaving mason's campus to drive my sister home, and i see the flashing lights come on behind me. my first thought was, "wait... he can't be pulling me over, can he? no of course not." a couple of seconds later, after the realization that we were the only two cars on the road hit, i pulled over. i was tired, cut me some slack. anyway, he comes over to my sister's side of the car, and she rolls down her window. this is how our conversation started:

sister: ooh it's cold.
cop: yeah, the weather's changing again.
sister: i know. it's crazy! i mean, you don't know what kind of shoes you'll need when you wake up in the morning.
cop: *slightly confused laugh* is that the problem with the weather changing, then?
sister: of course!

then he proceeds to tell me that i rolled through a stop sign, and a few minutes later he said that since i had a good record he would let me off with a warning. we then all said bye and good night like we were good friends and i forced myself to wake up for the rest of the drive.

my sister is weird like that, making friends with the randomest of people at the randomest of times. i remember when she called to activate her credit card, she was on the phone forever. when she hung up she started telling me the life story of the dude that was activating her card (i forgot his name), including where how was going for spring break, how long he would stay there, and who he was going with. she was sad that she'd never get to talk to him again because, "he was really cool."

*We're Going to be Friends - The White Stripes

9 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusApril 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

    SOOOOOOOO NOT FAIR!!!! i got no sympathy my first time. no sympathy what so ever! god! why couldn't anisah have been in the car with me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all you were reckless driving in a neighborhood. i rolled through a stop sign. second of all, you were like 20 or 21. i am 23. and third of all, because you guys didn't ride alone in cars together back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous hippopotamusApril 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM

    I didn't realize I was reckless driving because my window was smashed...and he was soooooo unsympathetic :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was your first ticket? i could have sworn that was your second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. next time read it and you'll get it.

      Delete
    2. but still at least give me a brief summary f what it's about

      Delete
    3. i got pulled over by a cop, anisah made friends with him, and i didn't get a ticket. the end.

      Delete
  6. there's supposed to be an o there

    ReplyDelete