Friday, March 27, 2009

have faith in your dreams

Speaking of dreams, here's a drabble i wrote a while back. doesn't exactly go along with what i was saying, but whatever.

When all else is lost, I still have my dreams to hold on to.

Dreams of a better tomorrow.

Dreams of hope.

Dreams of happiness.

Dreams of peace.

Dreams of justice.

They may have taken everything. Left me broken, defeated, destitute. But they can not take away my dreams. Ever. They are more than just a part of myself. A strong enough rope to keep me holding onto life. Strong enough to remain long after I'm gone. If they pull me apart molecule by molecule, if they obliterate the very memory of my existence, my dreams will live on. Forever.

*A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Ilene Woods

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    not bad...but not as good as other things you have written both old and new.

    its kind of like gag me soo freaking optimistic and unrealistic..if you die your dreams die too...no magic candy rainbow is going to carry them on to live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lool yeah seriously. what was i on?

    ReplyDelete