Saturday, February 13, 2010

and i just can't get you off my mind

i have so many fragmented thoughts jotted down in notepad files and captured in post drafts just waiting for me to sit down and untangle them. to make sense of them and write them each into their own post. but not today.

today, i will let you all in on an annoying habit my mind cant seem to break when it comes to music. it doesnt happen all the time, or even often, but when it does it kills me. i'll be obsessed with a song, listen to it on repeat for hours, days, and weeks. my brain will play this song over in my mind every chance it gets and i will find my lips singing it if i dont make an effort to stop them. then, another part of my brain will decide that it wants to listen to this other song that it used to listen to all the time, but doesnt now because apparently only one song is worth listening to. for simplicity's sake, let's call the new obsession song1 and the old one song2. so while listening to song1, half of my brain will be too busy thinking about song2 to let me fully enjoy it. i'll switch to song2, but i cant appreciate that because my brain is still too busy thinking that song1 is the only song in the world anyone should bother listening to. so until one half of my brain decides to stop being stubborn and let the other half's song be played, i cant truly listen to either.

my brain is doing this now, and i want it to stop, especially since i dont get much chance to listen to my music right now. whenever i put on an amazing song from my collection, i am told to change it to arabic music by my cousin and sister.

*Can't Get You Off My Mind - Lenny Kravitz

7 comments:

  1. My brain is was doing that to me, I think it's letting of my song1 now. And I suggest you invest in headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i have headphones, but sometimes i just feel like blasting my music without the headphones. plus, people apparently think it's rude for me to have headphones in my ears while talking to them, but playing music normally is perfectly acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suffer from this as well.

    On a completely unrelated note, have you tried the Evernote extension for GoogleChrome? Oh my God. It's like a hot fudge sundae in the middle of winter in front of a crackling fire while wrapped in fur *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never heard of this. you all are a bunch of freaks :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOL R.

    and tooly, i've heard of evernote, but never actually got around to trying it. i'm guessing i should asap.

    ReplyDelete