Friday, February 19, 2010

i will try to fix you

last night the internet died. well, not the entire internet, just the part that resolved ip addresses which basically meant that the entire thing was not working. at least all the parts that matter. so anyways, we wait until this morning to call tech support because none of us really felt like doing it last night. so this morning, i get the honor of calling. yay me. after going through a ten minute conversation with a machine, i finally get a person on the phone. two minutes into the conversation with him, i wanted the machine back. here are some snippets of our conversation. (stuff in parentheses are my thoughts):

him: so what seems to be the problem?
me: well, the internet is connected, but the dns server can't be reached or something. it's not resolving ip addresses so we can't really connect to anything.
him: oh. okay... *two minute pause* is your computer turned on?
me: yes. (oh you need the computer to be turned on in order to use it? i had absolutely no idea. you are a genius.)

him: did you try restarting the modem and the computer?
me: yeah i restarted both and the router both last night and this morning. it's not a problem with those because we're getting a connection. it's just not-
him: are you using xp or vista?
me: xp.
him: and you said it was on?
me: yes. (stop asking me stupid questions and fix this already.)
him: *types furiously into google* okay, go to your network connections.
me: umm... okay...
him: click properties and then repair.
me: (like i didnt spend a million years trying to repair the connection this way myself last night.)
him: does it work now?
me: no.

a while later, while he was busy searching google for other possible solutions, i checked the wiring and noticed the filter on the phone jack was a little loose. i fixed it. (yes i realize this was a stupid mistake that couldve been solved last night, but whatever.)
me: oh, um, it's working now.
him: *sigh of relief* good. glad i could help.
me: oh... uh... yeah... thanks. (moron.)

this foamy the squirrel clip describes exactly how i felt. the dude i talked to even asked about the weather.


*Fix You - Coldplay

5 comments:

  1. LOL this post reminded me of this
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

    ReplyDelete
  2. lool that link was hilarious. the oatmeal is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOOOOOOVED THAT VIDEO!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D you can thank anisah and her friends for the video. that's where i originally found foamy. funny squirrel, he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didnt like foamy...just the idea behind the video and the script.

    ReplyDelete