Saturday, February 27, 2010

i guess we made it, or at least made it this far

we are turning onto our road, coming back home from lunch, when my mom says, "i see a package. i hope it's for me."

"well, i'm not expecting anything," i say.

"me either," says anisah.

"oh my god, it's my diploma!" i suddenly squeal, excited. "rachael got hers yesterday."

we pull into the driveway and my dad says, "yup, it says mason."

in a burst of completely unexpected excitement, i peal out of the car and run up the steps to the front door. inside, i open the envelope and pull out the diploma.

when i finished in the fall, i didnt get a chance to get excited. the day after my last exam i got my C+ and locked everything that had to do with undergrad in a drawer in my head so i didnt have to think about it - including any excitement about graduating. today, with the piece of paper that made it all official, the drawer was forced open. all the excitement i had been robbed of was suddenly right there, ready to be experienced, unmarred by the C that i am completely over.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. isnt it beautiful??

haha they put a smiley face on the envelope.

*At Least We made it This Far - Relient K

3 comments: