Friday, February 5, 2010

i've got a whole lot of nothing going on

i really have nothing to write about. at all. i have three classes this semester which may lead you to think that i have lots and lots of free time. because, you know, that's the logical conclusion to come to. logic, however, has an allergic reaction to my family and tends to avoid us. my "free" time was spoken for before i had a chance to even introduce myself. in these moments which i should be playing the role of studious student and lazy bum, i play the roles of chauffeur, cleaner, babysitter, computer tech, and tutor. dont get me wrong, i dont mind that much (well, i'm not too keen on cleaning the house) but then, in the late hours of the night when i should be doing, well nothing, i am stuck teaching myself the differences in packet sniffers and how to interpret all of them. fun stuff.

point is, this doesnt leave much time to come up with inspired blog post ideas or to write many uninspired ones.

though my classes are nothing to get excited about, one of my professors makes me smile. he teaches security auditing which could very well be a tortuously boring subject (and is at times). but my professor likes to make harry potter references... and that always grabs my attention. he has made references to hogwarts, how easy things would be if we had wands, sirius black, and hagrid to name a few. i would like him a lot more though if he didnt spend a good one third of his class with his finger very unsubtly in his nose. it's like he's digging for gold in there.

aside from that, my life at the moment is very unblogworthy. sad, i know.

*Nothing Going On - Clawfinger

7 comments:

  1. I dunno, you have a way of making your "nothing" seem infinitely more interesting than anything I ever do. You're like the Fred Armisen of blogs, anything you type is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) um i had to google fred armisen, but it turns out i knew him just not by name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Fred Armisen is in the weirdest skits saying the randomest things, but somehow he is always funny. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google him as well, it turned out I knew him too. Ha. I wonder who I am in blog world, hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. as soon as my head stops throbbing i will think of who you are and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :'( im sorry i threw the role of babysitter on you... i really am.

    and EEEWWWWWWWW.... imagine.... he uses that disgusting finger to grade your papers and exams... YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont mind the babysitting. i mean, hey, it made your son like me more than you :P

    ReplyDelete