Monday, February 1, 2010

i wanna go home... let me go home

class technically finished at 8:23. the last slide was explained, questions were answered, and i was ready to click off my pen and close my notebook. but then some idiot in the front row (i think it's only fair to point out that we all sit in the front row as a class rule, so he may not be a usual front row sitter) decides to ask about the project. this somehow leads into a ramble about second life (actually kinda interesting, but i wont get into it now) that ends at 9:08. we are then dismissed. that is exactly eight minutes after the shuttle has left. which means i get to sit here and wait until ten twenty, which i normally wouldnt mind except that i really wanna go home today.

i was so not in the mood for class today. i woke up and literally thought "ew. i dont wanna go to class." that was a whole twelve hours before class time. then, after very narrowly missing the shuttle here because of traffic (i pulled into a parking spot at 5:03. the shuttle leaves 5:05. there was some running involved.) i was in even less of a mood. on the shuttle, with the sky slowly darkening, my ipod playing only the good songs, and the dude across the aisle doing a very convincing chainsaw imitation, my brain started to completely shut down.

and this class is probably the hardest one i'm taking this semester (even though it has the smallest number) and the one i should focus in the most. it is, by far, the one my brain refuses to pay attention in. and if you could only see me in my other classes, you'd realize that that's really saying something. i think it might be because i dont like the professor. i tried to, but i just cant like him. i cant.

today, i liked him a little less than usual. while discussing unicode and ascii, he says something along the lines of "you'll know it's in unicode if your start button is in arabic because you wont understand it." (ascii is only english.) then he looks at me and says, "i guess it's a problem though if you understand both languages." umm... last time i checked, despite the fact that i was able to read both languages, i was still able to distinguish the two. so if i saw arabic, it would be just like anyone else seeing arabic except that i would know what it said.

then, whenever he mentioned terrorist groups or organizations, he would look at me. unconsciously i think, but that makes it worse. the fact that his mind turns to the arab in the class at the briefest mention of terrorist is kinda sorta really annoying.

the class could be really interesting so i'm going to force myself to learn from it, even if the fbi dude teaching it grates on my nerves.

*Sloop John B - The Beach Boys

6 comments:

  1. :O OMG hes such an idiot! you shud totally go and say hes singling you out and being racist and stuff...

    which prof is this?? D??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and is it second life.. the game.. the one i had t play for my ethics class and got stuck under the ground? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, yeah that professor. and yeah, that game, too. interesting stuff about it that i'll tell you later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most if not all my professors look towards my direction or try their best to stop from looking at me when talking about anything terrorist-related.

    I despise being the elephant in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lord, I think I'd put their doubts into action, as in I would have given him a terrorizing death stare. Or better yet, why not go with the stereotype, a suicide death stare, as in a stare so intense that your eyes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lool... maybe next week i'll go with your way.

    ReplyDelete