Thursday, January 6, 2011

can't get out of bed

sometimes, right after i turn off my alarm i flop back down in bed because, though somewhere in my brain knows it is time to get up, the rest of my body needs a few seconds to find this part and be convinced. and sometimes, in this last moment i allow myself in bed, i find the most comfortable position in the world. a position that, if i had found it earlier in the night, might have ensured me a better night's sleep, and maybe then i wouldn't have felt the need to lay back down in the morning. the mattress, the pillow, the blankets all work together to make me so comfortable that i never ever want to get up because i just know that nothing bad could ever happen when i am as comfortable as this. there are a million things i need to do, but they can wait a few seconds as i just lay there. but this moment can never last long because the sun refuses to indulge me by staying below the horizon and whatever had me setting my alarm the night before refuses to just go away. so i drag myself out of bed more reluctantly than i would have had i not found the position that would grant me eternal happiness.

my life at the moment reminds me of that moment of comfort. i've been pulled out of dreamland and a million things are waiting for me as soon as i take that first step away from my bed, but i am turning a blind eye to them all and relishing the absolute comfort of a few stolen seconds. i'm not exactly sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet.

i also am not really sure what i'm writing. sometimes, completely inane things make sense in my head and puff out their chests enough that i think they are important until they leave the safe enclosure of my mind, but i have not written a single word in two weeks and anything is better than nothing.

*Can't Get Out of Bed - The Charlatans

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJanuary 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM

    you're right...anything is better than nothing lol

    but this makes no sense: "though somewhere in my brain knows it is time to get up"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she meant "though somewhere, my brain knows it is time to get up"

    or

    "somewhere in my brain, I know it is time to get up"

    Or summin to that effect :p

    ReplyDelete