Monday, January 10, 2011

'cause i need to know now

let me take a minute to pull my girl hat out from the back of my closet, dust it off, and dedicate this post to me acting like your average girl about to be married. in other words, here's where the wedding plans stand.

i have my dress chosen out, and it is very pretty. it's white and strapless and puffy-skirted and pretty. it's being sewn up or whatever at the wedding dress factory and should arrive here in a couple of months (no i'm not gonna post pictures here because too many people read this that are supposed to be surprised by the dress). i also have the shoes and jewelry bought, the veil and tiara ordered, and no idea what to do for hair and makeup. i don't think a place was booked yet, but since my uncles in jeddah are in charge of that, i might just be out of the loop. i need colors, music, cake, and photographer, too. suggestions? also, the wedding is july sixth. i'm not sure if i told you that or not. if anyone reading this will be in jeddah on that day, let me know and you can come! wouldn't that just make your entire summer?

a week or so after the wedding, we will be honeymooning in london. besides all the main touristy stuff, if you know of anything that i should just not miss while i am there (end of july) then please please please let me know (comment/ email/ formspring/ smoke signals/ carrier pigeons/ whatever). i've never been there before, so i really have everything to see. if you've gone, what was your favorite part?

because my sister and her husband have decided to up and leave the country soon, i had my bridal shower yesterday. besides the awesomeness of seeing friends that i hadn't seen in years, i also got a bunch of really cool presents. my younger sister made me wear a flashing tiara and pink feather boa that was shedding feathers like a molting chicken, but it was super fun. before most of the guests arrived, my sister's friend told us that every time there's an awkward silence, a fairy dies. later in the shower, that was repeated and other people said that it was from a movie, but no one could remember what movie it was from. this is one of those few occasions that google has failed me, and the movie is still a mystery. one that i am dying to solve. so if any of you lovely readers know, i would be forever grateful. i'll even send you a handwritten thank you note, and how awesome is that? (yes, i really do need to know this that badly.)

anyway, there's still a lot of planning to do, but since the dress was the part i was most excited about, i feel like the important stuff is already taken care of. so what if we get married on the street? at least i'll have my dress.

*Baby One More Time - Britney Spears

10 comments:

  1. London.... oooooh.... Being from the land of brits myself, I can't really sell it to ya :p But I guess it really is a good holiday destination when you don't live near it ><

    You HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE to watch Wicked in theatre. It is soooo amazing. London theatre is fantastic. Other than that, I dunno. There is a lot to see, in London. Madamme Toussaud's is really cool. Went there myself and loved it. I still want to see the London Dungeon as well...

    http://www.visitlondon.com/events/

    Do a search between the dates you're over and have a look at what's on. There is plenty enough on around the year and most is good to see. The results may have lots of drama productions... ignore those - they are on all year round... just look at what you want to see. There's some interesting things in mid-july, but might be a little early for your trip.

    Best of luck with all the wedding plans. I'm sure it will be absolutely amazing. And I do hope you enjoy ukland.... isn't fantastic, but that's from the point of view of a local. Neeeever trust the locals. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, check out my second blog. I am posting some excerpts there in the very near future - unedited versions at the moment.

    http://fantasticalcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lool thanks i will definitely see wicked and the other things you mentioned. and thanks for the site, too. it's super helpful. i googled the london dungeon and it looks really, really cool... in a twisted, dark sort of way.

    i know i always think that DC is a pretty boring vacation spot, but whenever someone visits us here they all seem to enjoy it. i guess the magic of a place wears off if you stay there too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't tell me what happens in Wicked... I've only read part of the book and have been waiting to see it for YEARS. Everyone who's watched it has loved it.

    I bet Sharm-El-Sheik in Egypt would get dull and boring after a few years... I loved it when we went on holiday there

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun seeing you and everyone else, and we got to eat cake with frosting, I didn't even realize how much I missed that aspect of my childhood. But seriously someone needs to figure that fairies thing out soon, I tried searching for it more than once already.

    Also, you should check if you're gonna be going to london during the glastonbury music festival, if you are then please go buy your tickets now! So many amazing bands play there and it'll be an experience you won't forget, I hope you're going around that time *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah... i hard so many mixed reviews about that book that i just never got around to reading it. everyone seems to love watching it though.

    mahoney... how do you not eat cake with frosting anymore?! it's the best. i tried searching for it a few times too, but it is just unfindable. and i think we're gonna be there a few weeks after glastonbury :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARGHHHHHHH
    I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE THIS QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GRRRRRRRRRRR UGHHHHHHH.

    seriously, at the party, there were at least 5 people who separately heard the quote sometime in their life. honestly, you'd think google would know.

    and it was nice seeing you too!

    about london... only time we went, it was a brief 3-day transit transit. Sundays, everything was closed. everything but their version of cvs and a couple mcdonalds. and also, i don't know if this is normal, but we had to pay to use restrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i knowwww! i have never before been so disappointed in google. ever. in my entire life. and i really have no idea how we all found stuff out before google existed. it will kill me forever if i don't get this, though.

    and paying to use restrooms is extremely weird. i have a thing about public bathrooms anyway, though, so it probably won't be much of an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It depends where ion london you go for the toilets... Most of the stations charge and the public loos are usually charged. If you're in a restaurant, however, you normally don't get charged. It's to help maintain the toilets with the number of people who use them. The costs are apparently high :p It's only like 20-50 pence. Normal for London and some other areas in the UK... mainly London though

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm interesting. in america you never have to pay for public restrooms (or at least i've never come across any), but maybe if they made people pay some of the gross ones would be, well, less gross. i hardly ever have change on me though, so it may get a bit inconvenient if they did.

    ReplyDelete