Friday, January 7, 2011

it's crossed my mind, just a thought

yesterday my sister and i went to school to get copies of our transcript sent to the scholarship people because mason does not have anything set up for you to just request a copy be sent at the end of every semester. we walk out of the parking deck and our eyes are assaulted by the brightest sunshine in the history of the earth (or significantly less so, but it was bright). my sister, queen of sunglasses such as she is, pulls a pair on. i have a pair i keep in the car (which i did't feel like walking back to) but nothing on me. so i was left to suffer. and that's when i got to thinking about those glasses with transition lenses that automatically shade in bright light. you know the ones? well i decided that there should be contacts that do the same thing. i mean, it's only fair. of course, people would look a bit creepy if their irises were suddenly just black circles in the sunlight, but i'm sure there would be some way around that. anyway, i think one of you lovely readers should get to inventing and make me some. you can take all the credit for my idea when it becomes the super cool new thing everyone wants and the money starts to really roll in, but i would like free pairs of them once they are made. fair trade if i do say so myself.

so when you decide to make it, email me and let me know.

*Just a Thought - Gnarles Barkley

4 comments:

  1. Ahaha. My brother was just telling me how these should be invented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds...
    i've never met your brother but he seems like a very smart kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I has transitional glasses... used to hate glasses and wanted contacts but can't bear the though of putting something in my eye. Within three months of wearing glasses, they had grown on me, and I looked strange without them.

    Transitionals are fantastic!!! No more evil squintingness to cause eviller headaches

    (eviller is apparently a word... wow... I love chrome)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got my first pair of glasses in kindergarten, so i've been wearing them for most of my life. i remember not wanting to put my fingers and pieces of plastic in my eye at first either, but by tenth grade i was ready for a change, and glasses had started to annoy me. while i don't have to worry about glasses fogging up with changes in temperature or being covered in rain, sun is now a problem. i just can't win. some people still tell me that i look weird with contacts (though i've been wearing them for over six years) and others tell me that i now look weird with glasses.

    and huh. i always thought more evil was the correct way (though i've used both).

    ReplyDelete