Thursday, March 18, 2010

why don't i ever have anything else to say?

*WARNING: long, pointless rambling ahead. feel free to move on to older posts or wait for newer ones if you don't have a lot of free time to kill.* (i wasnt going to put a warning until after i realized how long my rant was. then i felt sorry for all of you, because i am nice like that.)

so yesterday i was supposed to come home and write all the things creepy dude said and did to me which made me shudder, but judging from last time i wrote about him, you would enjoy. only i came home, and my cousin was still doing her gilmore girls marathon thing, and they were the jess episodes, and well, you know... how do you expect me to blog when i could be watching that?

so anyway, i thought "i'll just blog about them in the morning. i mean, i wake up at seven every morning to do all kinds of homeworky things that i have never once done at seven while everyone else is asleep until at least nine because that's when anisah has to wake up to get ready for class. might as well blog then." (yes, i have quite lengthy monologues that go on in my head when a short and snappy "eh, i'll do it tomorrow" wouldve worked just fine.)

so one o'clock comes around and my cousin goes to her room to read a bit and sleep. i do a last check of all stuff internet related and turn off joe. i almost go to sleep until my sister starts complaining about her ex-class and their most recent obnoxiousness and totally superficial arabness. (i tell you, it sure is reassuring that this future generation of doctors that will graduate from med school with honors can still get lost in the immaturity of high school dramas that should've ended somewhere around two years ago when they all graduated.)

anyway, it gets to be around one forty-fivish and i realize that she's just angrily repeating the same thing over and over while barely even bothering to change the words around. i take this as my cue to go to sleep, tell her the friends she texted to complain are most likely asleep, and that she should get over and get to sleep too. yup, i'm the really sympathetic one in the family.

i think i mightve fallen asleep, but i dunno if i actually did, when all of a sudden i am pulled back to the glaring light of our bedroom in wakingness by the sound of my sister complaining to aforementioned friend. repeating everything i had already heard several times. loudly. in the closet because... well... actually, i have no idea why she was in the closet unless she thought that by sitting in there i wouldnt be able to hear her very loud voice. it didnt work because i guess my parents never sprung for one of those sound-proof closets like everyone else has, and her voice can carry through the hollow wooden door that was separating us. there's a surprise.

i yell at her to shut up. she either a) doesnt hear me or b) doesnt listen. after several more failed attempts i debate getting up out of bed but decide against it, because i knew if i did i would smack her and that would probably delay the moment i actually got to sleep. so i gave up on her and pulled out my ipod. i am weird and for some reason can sleep through any music except my ipod. i mean, i sleep, but not deeply and am still consciously listening to the music at the same time. so anyway i put in the headphones figuring a half sleep is better than no sleep at all. i can still hear her. i put the volume on almost so loud i can feel my pillow vibrating. i can still hear her. it's like she's on a different frequency than my music. i put a pillow over my ead which really does nothing but make it harder to breathe.

of course, my body suddenly remembers that i am temporarily on a mattress that would ordinarily be used as a torture method in prison, and i can't get comfortable. and while trying to find a good position i get tangled in my stupid headphone wires twice, one time practically strangling me. i look at my cellphone and watch the clock count off the minutes, then the hours. i write a hate note to my sister and leave it on her pillow (i dunno it seemed like a good idea at the time. i was tired.) she finally decides that she is not an owl and goes to sleep at around fourish. if only i could do the same... which of course, i couldn't. so i end up falling asleep somewhere closer to five, only to kinda sorta wake up when my brothers do at six or something (i stopped looking at clocks. they were depressing me.) and then again at seven when my alarm went off. i lay in my bed for a while trying to force myself back to sleep, when i realized that there was no point and someone was going to have to wake anisah up at some point anyways.

so after checking school online stuff to see what i would be not doing this morning, i came here to write about creepy dude. only, i was tired and grumpy and this is what came out. and after writing all of this as a sort of preamble, i kinda figure that adding anything else would just be cruel. if you read all of this hoping for a point to spring up eventually, well, sorry about that. but i did warn you. and you should be a little used to me talking about nothing by now, right?

anyway, my sister is now downstairs about to head off to school, and guess what i can hear her telling my mom? again? yup.

*Smart in a Stupid Way - Steven Strait

5 comments:

  1. now this just pisses me off... you should have gotten out of bed... grabbed one of her wedge sandals or her slutty boots, open the closet door, fling them at her face.. calmly close closet door, get back into bed, and go to sleep with a smile on your face... as you ignore her screaming about why the hell you threw a shoe at her head.

    hahaha *sigh* you SOO should have done that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sisterly love!

    And for the record, you can tell her that she came out of the closet at 4 a.m. this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha thats funny flea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous... whatever i'm already over it, but i'll keep that in mind for next time i guess.

    The Flea... LOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rambles. I love people just unleashing the small things in their every day lives that they feel shouldn't bother them, we shouldn't be ashamed of these things. But I really do love rambles, so ramble away.

    ReplyDelete