Sunday, March 7, 2010

a long time ago, we used to be friends

like most people, we have this dude that delivers our mail to us. him and i used to be friends. we would wave to each other when we passed the other on the road. we would exchange pleasantries when he had something big to deliver to our door. i always had only the best to say about him. and then... then this semester happened.

it all started when i was waiting for my dvds of primeval. amazon told me they were delivered, but i most definitely did not have them. (i mentioned this in my blog before.) anyways, i went to the mail people asking where my stuff was. the next morning, it was on our doorstep. before the mail came. opened and retaped shut. my dvds were all still in their plastic wrap so i brushed it off. i mean, nothing was missing or damaged so whatever, right?

then, i get a letter from my grandma in the mail. it contained several pages of edits for my book, so it was kinda thick. it was also opened before it got to me. but the edits and card were all still there so i continued to think the best of people and said maybe it magically got opened in the mailbox or something. whatever.

one of my latest amazon orders was shipped to my sister's house (mainly because i didnt wanna hear another fatherly lecture about how i was wasting my money, but also because my brother's birthday present was in it and i didnt want him to know it was delivered). it was still in my name, though. one part of the shipment said it was delivered march first. thing is, it wasnt. you know when it was delivered? today. or yesterday i guess since there's no mail on sunday, but she got it today. that's almost a whole week since the postal service said they delivered it.

i had to send my transcript to my scholarship advisor person recently. i sent it almost two weeks ago. i was getting annoyed because she kept saying that she hadn't received it and she needed it and stuff. yesterday, i get it back in the mail. it was opened. in red ink on the front was written 'wrong envelope.' umm what?? how can an envelope be wrong?? it was a normal white envelope that i send everything in all the time. how come it was never wrong before?? and why was it opened??

holding someone's mail is a federal offence. opening someone's mail is a federal offence. you'd think that working for the post office he would know that. so you know what, mr. postman? me and you are over. i will no longer wave or smile or say anything to you. when i think of you, my thoughts will be acerbic.

i tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you didnt want it, so just leave my mail alone.

*We Used to be Friends - The Dandy Warhols

6 comments:

  1. you should write a letter to the post office informing them that you have not only been receiving your mail late, but opened. and this is unacceptable and an invasion of your privacy. blah blah blah....maybe you'll get a new mailman...and it would serve him right for being nosy and stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people (notice the plural) that i won't name here think it's a conspiracy of the government because i am saudi and taking computer forensics. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever ask the mailman about your mail problems?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i havent seen him lately to ask. the only thing i did was ask the post office for the first time they were late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loool because you're saudi and taking computer forensics.
    that's so funny. imagine if that were true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it actually might be because you're only allowed to major in computer forensics if you're an american citizen. so basically they dont want the other countries to learn any of it. people like me messed up their plan, though.

    ReplyDelete