Friday, September 11, 2009

i'll be running circles around you sooner than you know

yesterday (or it mightve been the day before) i had a meeting with the dean of the volgeneau school at my university (the school IT is in). i had been chosen for a thousand dollar scholarship for my books and stuff and he was explaining why i was chosen.

"usually i choose people who are really active in the volgeneau school," he starts. "they volunteer to help out at all our events, drop in for chats during breaks, do research for professors. (i am not one of those people, but have been instructed to become one as soon as possible.) but then i saw your transcript and i thought it was just astounding (he might have said amazing) that a woman could do so well, especially in your field, so i immediately gave it to you."

umm what??

did you just say you were surprised that i was doing well in IT because i'm not a guy but hide it in a compliment?? sexist much??

i mean, you arent exactly what i envisioned when i heard dean of the it&e school, but you dont see me actually verbalising my surprise. sheesh.

*Jerk It Out - Caesars

2 comments:

  1. Wowwwww..... I wish I coulda been there to see your reaction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have grabbed his face, turned it 180 degrees, and bent his back backwards so that I could, personally, stick his face up his ass.

    ReplyDelete