Wednesday, September 30, 2009

i've got a head that tells me stupid things to do

so ive been sitting, giving myself a massive headache, and trying to work on the stupid website my group is making for the stupid real estate agent for the stupid senior design class. or, more accurately, i'm trying to work on the website while my worthless group members send emails asking 'what are we supposed to do for next class?' and then don't reply when i answer and do absolutely nothing because they are just colossal wastes of space. grr. and after struggling with the convoluted code of her already crap website and trying to transfer the stuff to our site for two hours it still looks like crap. and i dont have the programs i need because joe decided to die and i had to erase eveything. and i dont know how to make a nice dropdown menu without flash, which i dont have. and dreamweaver (the trial version that took me forever to download because adobe sucks, hates the site so much that it refuses to respond when i work on it. and i forgot most of the javascript and php i learned over a year ago because i learn for tests. and my professor thinks we're web designers and expects the world from us (read: me). and the client is obnoxious and hates us and has effectively ignored the past three emails i sent her which i know she got because she replied to one with a pointless message from the company that hosts her current website and a snarky comment. and i dont know how to do what we're supposed to show the professor tomorrow because she said she doesnt want it done the only way i knew how to do it. and the fact that im a security concentration and have taken a grand total of two classes that may possibly give me a teeny bit of help in this project just hasnt occurred to her. even though we've told her a zillion times because "four great minds working together can certainly figure it out." um.. theres only one mind and it is so far from great that great isnt even in the same solar system. and of course my group doesnt care because only the team captain has to get up in front of the class and show that we've done absolutely nothing. only the team captain has to be embarrassed and only the team captain has to get lectured. and guess who the team captain is? exactly. and it wouldnt be so bad if the other groups werent double the size of ours, cooperative, and diverse in their concentrations so not only do they know how to do stuff, but they actually do it! gah.

and i only have 8 songs in my iTunes right now because of the whole reformatting thing and my ipod is dead so i cant even listen to music.

tell me again, why did i go into IT? what could have possibly been going through my head when i thought "major in computer crap? that's a great idea!" sometimes, my stupidity astounds me.

*Tin Man - Animal Kingdom

2 comments:

  1. "major in computer crap? that's a great idea!"

    that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with that... i'm sure you'll do well in it.

    ReplyDelete