Friday, October 2, 2009

all the things that i used to say, all the words that got in the way, all the things that i used to know, have gone out the window

i hate how i simply cant follow through on anything i say (to myself, not to other people). for example, following a recent almost nervous breakdown caused by a stupid professor and stupider group, i said i would concentrate all my free time on actually doing work. yup, i was going to not procrastinate. the planets were going to align and pigs were going to fly, and i was going to do it. i was going to not read anymore fun books (except on thanksgiving break) and instead concentrate on all of the school related reading ive been putting off. i was going to stop writing all the random stuff i write and instead write stuff i should be writing for school. i was going to wake up early on fridays to make the day productive. i was going to avoid blogger because i become unaccountable for time the second i log in. i was going to finish this semester completely unstressed because i would be on top of everything.

instead, i bought a new book the other day that just got shipped yesterday and should be here in five to seven days according to the website. i'll read it the second i get it. i bought a whole new notebook for writing random stuff in, ostensibly so that i wont waste my note taking notebook and ill have room for notes, but we all know it was just so that notes wouldnt get in the way of writing. today is friday, i turned off my alarm and slept until nine thirty. i havent looked at work yet and it's almost ten thirty. i'm obviously back on blogger. i can feel the stress (a foreign feeling before this semester, let me tell you) bubbling up inside of me while i try to push it down and adamantly ignore it.

i'll get around to everything eventually.... right??

*Out the Window - Sugar Ray

5 comments:

  1. i know EXACTLY how you feel...of course i know you probably feel it ten times more than me. but this stress thing that everyone used to complain about....i have it now too.. and it is AWFUL. altho im doing an okay job managing it...i can feel it, like you said, bubbling up inside of me..and soon its going to overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, if you didn't procrastinate you wouldn't be Sarah. I know, I'm a bad influence, but it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently procrastination is so ingrained into me that, even if you were a good influence, i'd still have to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently begun experiencing this sensation you call stress. Let me tell you, it's horrible. I feel it literally bubbling up inside me, and my head gets so hot that I feel it's going to explode. Mine is also laced with a bunch of regret, so it might be worse. But stress is not your friend, buddy, get rid of it. Now.

    ReplyDelete