Friday, October 2, 2009

sit me down, shut me up

i cannot for the life of me focus on my homework. this is the case study one i refused to do before. i figured i'd get that out of the way now, work on the website sunday, study for my midterm monday, and, well... thats as far as my planning went. it might be because i'm three quarters of the way done, but my brain refuses to focus. and this is the song that is my distraction:

actually, you should really watch the music video.


oh, and Someone Else, i know this is an old song. i still love it. i lovelovelove the drummer. and the lead singer is awesome, but he's najwan's.

*You Only Live Once - The Strokes

4 comments:

  1. It is a very great, and therefore also very distracting song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwwwyy...i wud have never known it was an old song cuz i never heard it before. maybe i have i didnt listen far enough into the music video to get to the chorus..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwwwwy your face. it is awesome, unlike your taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I scrolled by this point, silly me. And no, Julian is mine, well my idol. I oddly admire him too much to think of him in a romantic way (even though I do, rarely). But yes, this man is genius, I lovelovelove him for it. I love all of them. Albert, Nick, Fab, Niko. Am I fangirling too much? I shall stop.

    Oh you should definitely check out Julian's solo album "Phrazes for the Young". It is bombastically well-crafted amazingness.

    And this song, it's actually becoming a sort of mantra or motto or what have you, for me. All of us, we really only do live once. Think about that, and remember that, always. And you should check out the demo for the song, which is one of my favorite Strokes songs as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcze-UD1D4w

    Ohmygoodness. Stop me. O_O
    I love The Strokes, bye.

    ReplyDelete