Friday, October 23, 2009

i just did it for the buzz

i did it.

by it i mean i have finally completed (signed, sealed, and everything) my grad school application.

by it i also mean have gotten my senior design group to contribute to the project. better late than never.

and by it i also mean i have registered for nanowrimo. i really really really think you should too. all of you. if you do, my username is sarah_k. be my writing buddy. throw away all responsibilities and write like crazy for a month to come up with something completely crap or completely genius... it doesnt matter. you wont regret it. and if you do, well, it'll be done and over with already so it wont really matter. and you'll be the epitome if awesomeness in my eyes.

in the welcoming email they send out (join just for the email, very witty these people are), they tell you to:

Tell everyone you know that you're writing a novel in November. This will pay big dividends in Week Two, when the only thing keeping you from quitting is the fear of looking pathetic in front of all the people who've had to hear about your novel for the past month. Seriously. Email them now about your awesome new book. The looming specter of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse.

so this is me telling everyone i know. looking pathetic in front of you will be my motivation for writing... and the reason i may fail my last college semester.

i have a few different ideas in my head for plots... not sure which one i'll use, if any. we'll see what happens when this thing starts... in eleven days.

there is a very good chance that i am completely insane. :/

*I Did It - The Dave Matthews Band

3 comments:

  1. I want to do it too, and by it I mean nanowrimo. I just don't have any plots in my head at the moment. None. No characters, no ideas. Last week, when I was too busy to even think of nanowrimo, I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't and now that I can, well you know how it works.

    I have eleven more days to decide. But I really really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do it! a story will come to you, and if not, you can write 50,000 words of plotless rambles that will somehow read like a story at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! The next time I see you, I'll ask about "that novel you've been workin on." Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete