Sunday, September 20, 2009

there aint no reason things are this way. it's how they've always been and they intend to stay.

so eid was actually a lot better than i expected. which totally supports my theory that when you expect something of something it likes to prove you wrong to make you seem like an idiot. you think you have way too much homework to ever get done in a century? ten minutes later it will practically do itself and you're left looking like a major drama queen. you think you're going to have a really bad day? it'll be a really good day at the least and you'll end up looking like a whiny brat. think you're going to completely bomb a presentation because you prepared for it for a grand total of three and a half minutes? you'll do better than the ones who practiced and seem like you were fishing for compliments. get the picture?? and don't go telling me that it's because you have really low expectations so when it turns out not to be the end of the world it seems great. it's a conspiracy.

what was i saying? oh yeah, eid.

so we woke up early and went to pray. came back home and then went to ihop with my family and my sister's family and her inlaws and husband's uncle and his family and aunt and grandmother. we eventually got kicked out of ihop for staying too long after we finished eating and we went back home. only to leave again for the mall where we took my brothers to watch cloudy with a chance of meatballs in 3d (remember how i really wanted to see it?). my sister wasnt too impressed with it but i thought it was good. we hung out at the mall for a while before going back home when my parents picked up my grandmother from the train station (she's visiting from connecticut). we were home for half an hour before we went out for an eid bbq (not very surprising) with the whole ihop crew. and now we're home and im hyper and tired at the same time.

and tomorrow is school again which feels weird cause today feels like vacation. and my first class feels especially weird because i went the first week, didnt have it the second week for labor day, i skipped the third week, so it's been a while.

oh, and while i have you here, help me decide. i need a new ipod and cant make up my mind between the ipod classic or the ipod nano. which one?

*Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen

4 comments:

  1. I vote classic. They're both small enough, and I'd take the tons of memory with the classic over the 0GB you get with a nano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging from your music collection, definitely classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic, for some reason I think it looks better as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it was hard going to class after eid.

    also, the new nanos can tape videos now.

    ReplyDelete