Saturday, January 2, 2010

i'm so excited, and i just cant hide it

oh my god.

i come home today after lunch and shopping with my brothers and sister's family. everything was calm until we parked. then, brother number one was screaming because he was cold and i had opened the car door. brother number two was screaming that he couldnt find one of his peanuts (dont ask). nephew was sleeping. i was struggling to carry a zillion things and get the door open so that everyone could get out of the cold asap. brother number two closed the car door in brother number one's face. brother-in-law yells at both brothers. brother number one gets upset about the car door and being yelled at. this was all happening in the span of about two and a half minutes, along with some other stuff.

anyways, as im opening the door, i notice a package. i refuse to get excited because my mom orders stuff from online all the time, and just because i was waiting for a package doesnt mean it's for me. everything calms down a bit, and i look at the box. it has my name on it. i open it, and come face to face with this:

which i then turn over to see this:

and finally open up to see:


is it not beautiful? does it not fill you with joy? does the sight of my name written across the front page (and the spine) of a real book not send chills down your spine at the thought of the possibilities of the future? okay, so maybe it's just me...

there are some changes i need to make (like adjusting margins and stuff and the blurb on the back needs to be changed) before i make copies for people i know, but those can wait. for now, i'm going to continue to stare at my book and eeeeeeeeeeeee.

(for those of you who knew me/knew of me in high school, the picture of writing on the cover is from The Story. i found it on my computer. i dont remember why i took it, but yeah...)

*I'm So Excited - Pointer Sisters

9 comments:

  1. Oh snap that is so cool! Mabrook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im so essited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh em ge.
    Oh em ge.
    Oh em ge.

    Congrats on this beautiful specimen of your creativity! I'm beyond happy for you, this is just so great, and hopefully you'll refer to this as 'your first' in the future :D

    Did I mention how prettyful it looks? No, sorry, it's so pretty, it'd make me stop in my tracks if I saw it on a stand with other books. Remember, I'm your friend and I'm honest and I'm so happy that I can say what I said honestly

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loveee that The Story is there and i personally was the first to read that page on a morning by the green lockers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy for you, I am. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first page makes me want to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg really?! YAY!! i think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. your comment has made my entire life, and now i'm off to tell everyone i know that someone wanted to read more after reading the first page. i'm really excited now.

    ps. whenever things calm down with your school, i'd be happy to send you the rest to get some feedback on it.

    ReplyDelete