Monday, January 4, 2010

you gotta say what's on your mind

i.
i want you to stop wanting me.
i need you to stop needing me.
i'd love you to stop loving me.

you don't know me, and i prefer it that way.

ii.
you're blind to reality and swear it's the only way to live.
you've got your head in the clouds, and your feet have forgotten what it feels like to be grounded.
you live in a dream world and want me to share it with you.

but we dont speak the same language, and i'm tired of being misunderstood.

iii.
we hardly ever talk anymore.
i rarely know what's going in your life; you know almost nothing of what's happening in mine.
i even think i've forgotten what your voice sounds like.

but i still think of you as one of my very best friends.

iv.
i just wish you would stop trying to fit in all the time. the moments you let your guard down is when you look your best.
you think what the latest tabloids tell you to think, and
you change your opinion on things so fast it gives me whiplash.

i'd like you better if you weren't just like everyone else: caught up in pretending to be unique.

v.
you are selfish.
you are naive.
you can be completely dense.

but you know me better than almost anyone else. you get me... when most people dont even begin to understand.

vi.
there are days when you are the sun lighting my world, the air i need to survive. and
there are days when you drive me insane, completely mad, and i want nothing more than for you to just disappear
forever.

but i'd walk to the moon and back if you asked me to. i'd collect all the stars in the sky to keep your room bright at night.

vii.
i know it's not your fault.
i know you had no more control over anything than i did, but
when i let my thoughts wander off on their own...

i blame you. for everything. even when i know i shouldn't.

*The Truth - Good Charlotte

3 comments: