Monday, January 11, 2010

stop and rewind

okay, could someone please explain to me where the five week vacation has disappeared to?? because the fact that i am on the last week is just incomprehensible to me. it feels like yesterday that i was saying fairfax county's snow days were stealing the first days of relaxation from me. in fact, i'm pretty sure it was yesterday. and now, all of a sudden, you're trying to tell me that school starts next week?!

i still havent even gotten my paperwork done to get my scholarship extended. i havent given them my transcript, told them i've graduated, or anything. i havent prepared myself for starting grad school. i havent edited sincerely, mr. nobody. i havent worked on anything else. i havent done anything. because all of this stuff was supposed to be done during the break, and the break never happened. i was robbed. five weeks of blissful nothingness have been stolen from under my nose.

i wish i could rewind the past month and see what happened to all of it, but i cant.

so to try and cram everything into a measly five days, i'm going to the embassy tomorrow and will hopefully manage to get everything finished and settled in one morning. then i have orientation wednesday night that will ready me for grad school, i suppose. i've left editing sincerely, mr. nobody to my family. i've postponed working on anything else until the second week of classes.

tonight, though, my sister and i are listening to old music and playing barbie video games. plans can wait.

*Next in Line - Meese

1 comment:

  1. That is a horrible feeling. I would not wish it upon anyone.

    ReplyDelete