Wednesday, January 13, 2010

just have a little patience

i was getting an enrollment verification thingy from online the other day, and this window popped up:

when did a minute constitute a while? i mean, yes, i dont think i wouldve waited a minute for something to load, but the fact that my impatience was addressed like that made me sit back and think. we used to wait forever for pages to load. forever. and now if a page doesnt warn us that it may take a minute to open, we automatically close it? refresh it? complain endlessly about it?

everyone is always saying that our generation lacks patience. i always roll my eyes at this. sure, we dont have to walk twenty miles uphill barefoot in the snow to get to school, but we are not as impatient as they always make us out to be. we can wait for things when we have to. this makes me kinda agree with them.

*Patience - Take That

3 comments:

  1. I like to think I'm patient, I'll go out sometimes with other people and if we had to wait in line for something the other people would sit and complain and I'd be in my corner chillaxing.
    I really don't mind waiting 3 hours for a movie, or 40something minutes for a couple cupcakes, I kind of enjoy waiting for stuff, there's a sense of anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm like that too in real life - i dont mind waiting for things at all. but when it comes to online stuff i guess my patience drops to zero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto with the online stuff. If the homepage doesn't load in three seconds, I automatically know/assume something is wrong with the Internet connection.

    But I enjoy traffic :s

    ReplyDelete