Sunday, June 6, 2010

it's so beautiful, our lunacy

have you ever watched iCarly? if you have, you might know that one of the segments on their show is random dancing where, yes, they randomly dance. we (my siblings still living in the house) and i remind me of them because we will have random dance parties. like tonight. all four of us were sitting on computers in my room doing our own stuff (or i was doing my own stuff and they were all playing club penguin. yes, you can mock them or at least my sister) and being complete lazy bums when my sister suddenly says "dance party!" so of course we turn off three of the computers and all the lights, close the curtains and door, turn on our disco ball thing (one of those spinning lights with all the colors), blast the music, and have a dance party.

one of the best things about our dance parties are the things my brothers do later. for example, ali (the one obsessed with parsley) comes home after school the day after one of our previous dance parties and tells me, "i almost got in trouble today."
me: uh oh. what did you do now?
him: i told the teacher *attitudey voice* we are not what you think we are. *face lights up with a cheesy smile and draws a rainbow in the air with his hands* we are golden. we. are. golden.
me: *laughs* what did she say?
him: there was nothing she could say. she just stared at me then laughed and told me not to interrupt.

*Disconnect the Dots - Of Montreal

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I love Ali. I just imagined him like Spongebob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was gonna say "like spongebob" after the rainbow thing, but i thought referencing one nick show per post was enough lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch Almost Famous. The older version --> "I am a golden god!"

    P.S. dear only reader, new blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love Almost Famous!

    and awesome, i'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, and I love Ali <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your brother.

    ReplyDelete