Sunday, June 6, 2010

nothing else to do, may i waste your time too?

it seems my whole graduating thing has been stretching on for months. probably because it kinda has, but that's not the point. remember the post title that says, "the sun comes up then goes away, so does graduation day." yeah, my graduation apparently didnt hear the memo and thought it should last a good half year. yesterday was (i think) the final ceremony/graduation/celebration/whatever to announce the ending of my undergrad college career [that ended in six months ago in december]. it was the one hosted/put together by the saudi embassy so there was just a bunch of random students thrown together from all across the country. 600 random students to be exact. it was fun. probably because i knew people there and the food was good. i have to say, though, i don't think i heard a single one of the speeches completely and only a couple of sentences of the ones that did manage to catch my attention a bit.

and now i dont think i have any major plans for the summer until june 25 when i will fly halfway around the world to the desert house (otherwise known as jeddah). oh, except for my plans to do a serious cleaning of my room, because it is in desperate need of it. and i need to organize my bookshelf because it is a mess.

so i'm pretty sure that i had a point going into this post, but then my brothers distracted me and it flew right out of my mind. that happens, you know, because my mind is not the best thing to hold points in during the summer. or ever.

* Sassafras - Green Day

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM

    i heard about the sandwich you found and the expired can of tuna...so obviously you failed miserably at the serious cleaning of your room. lol

    i'm curious was the sandwich you found anything like the one i had to sleep next to for a week in Saudi Arabia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno i didn't really look at it. and they were both found in an old school bag which i never go through when i clean the room and only looked through to see if i should wash and keep it or just throw it out. i threw it out.

    ReplyDelete