Thursday, June 17, 2010

there is nothing you can say or do, i called to let you know i'm through with you

i want you to know that, you and me, we're done. i'm through with pulling apart my bones and tying capillary bows on them just so you can say you don't want them. i'm through with peeling off my skin to keep you warm just so you can complain that it doesn't match your shoes. i'm through with sacrificing myself at your altar every night just so you can demand moremoremore in the morning. i'm not going to pave your roads with my dreams anymore when you don't even watch where you step. i'm done.

there's no use trying to be the bigger person because when i'm with you i don't get to be a person at all. i'm spare parts and spare dreams and spare effort, but you can't even spare me a thought, a second, a glance. i'm done.

i'll rebuild my shell. i'll fix my broken smile and find the laughter i lost ages ago. i'll put myself back together and you'll forget that i ever fell apart. but i will never forget. and i will never forgive. underneath every smile i grace you with, know that there is a hidden glare. know that my blood is boiling under my laughter and my lovetrusthope will never again be left in your care. whenever you succeed, know that under the false cheers falling through my lips i'm wishing you got what you deserved. my skin will crawl at the thought of you and my stomach will churn at the sound of your name, and you will never even look close enough to notice.

and though you will probably not be able to tell the difference, i just want you to know that, you and me, we're through.

*Through With You - Maroon 5

3 comments:

  1. Bravo bravo! i gotta copy paste this if i break up with my girlfriend one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whether you have a girlfriend right now or are saying that more hypothetically, i don't think it's very healthy to be thinking about what to say when you break up with her. just sayin.

    but thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's all real! And your welcome.

    ReplyDelete