Friday, March 4, 2011

why did you do it?

so, i got an email this morning from amazon telling me that since i ordered water for elephants a while back, they'd like to inform me that it's coming out in movie form late april and i should totally go see it. at first, i was like okay cool, thanks amazon. i mean, i already knew that, but that was very nice of you. as i was hitting delete, though, it occurred to me that when amazon usually recommends i watch/read something, it's something sold by amazon. you know, it's their personalized advertising or what have you. but they could get nothing out of this suggestion. have we really moved beyond a purely business relationship? are we now, dare i say it, friends? while these thoughts were making their way through my mind, suspicions began to trickle in too. why was amazon so invested in this movie? they must have some hidden agenda. they were obviously in cahoots with the movie industry. there is definitely something going on behind the scenes here, right? personally, though, i'm just going to pretend we're now best friends and i'm not shoveling money into a twisted relationship built on lies and deceit. it makes me feel better about myself.

on another note, i mentioned on a friend's blog the other day that there should be a fried shrimp fast food place, and since then that's all i can think of. (okay, no not really, but i keep going back to it.) i want fried shrimp and i don't want to make it at home (as my dad suggested) or go to a real restaurant (as logic suggests). i want it made in three minutes and handed to me in a paper bag. i'm sure there must be some place that does this somewhere close to me.

*Why Did You Do It? - Stretch

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusMarch 4, 2011 at 3:53 PM

    go.to.ihop. seriously best shrimp EVER!!!! i want to say even better than red lobster's popcorn shrimp but i'm not sure..i'd have to try them both again.

    but seriously..i dont know if ihop still has it..but their buttermilk shrimp is AMAZING!

    random sidenote: they have a curves in Dammam. hahah which means I could go there because my membership transfers. I don't want to though because I know there is no way I could get there...like ever. :D Instead I'll exercise with the Just Dance game (i'm seriously sore from it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think they have it. i went the other night with anisah and the only shrimp i saw was the maui crunch something or whatever. i mean, it was good, but i wanted buttermilk shrimp. it was a commotion though cause we stupidly went on the day they were giving free pancakes and it was so crowded it was ridiculous. at ten at night. so maybe i'll go check again?

    and haha so just go there and cancel your membership and then i won't have to commit a federal crime. anisah used to get sore from her dance game before the play room tv went crazy and stopped working. now there's no room for any move stuff so she can't play it.

    ReplyDelete