Wednesday, April 27, 2011

you took me by surprise

i got a package this morning and my sister told me not to open it because she ordered something for my birthday and it still hasn't come and she wants to see me open it or something. i'm expecting a couple of packages, too, but i was fairly certain that a few books would not need such a big box. i go to pick up my sister from school, and we get home after eleven (like five or ten minutes ago). my sister looks at the box and says, "oh, that's not your present." so i open it expecting books or something. especially when there's the big box has a smaller box inside it wrapped with bubble wrap and surrounded by paper. it wasn't books. it was a tea set. a totally unexpected tea set that i have never seen before. ordinarily, i would just assume it was from my grandmother, but she's already sent me like a gazillion gifts recently and there's just no reason for her to have gotten me anything else. plus, i talked to her like two days ago and she didn't mention anything and she usually does. plus, my name was spelled wrong and she's sent enough letters and packages to know how to spell my name. i'll ask her about it tomorrow, but right now i'm confused. so, i am now the owner of a pretty new tea set with no idea where i got it from. thanks to whoever sent it.

*Everything Will Be Alright - The Killers

3 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusApril 28, 2011 at 4:00 AM

    thats kind cool and kinda creepy..OMG what if its your stalker!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol no it turned out to be grandma. i dunno why she didn't tell me about it, but she had told mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of cute, and who couldn't use a brand new tea set?

    ReplyDelete