Wednesday, July 28, 2010

i spent so many nights thinking

i was trying to remember if i ever wrote this in my blog or not, but i couldnt. i remember having a conversation about it with a friend last year, but i just dont know if i blogged it. so if i'm repeating myself, oh well, what can i say? i have repetitive thoughts.

so i do my best thinking when i'm asleep. that's when i do most of the planning for schoolwork. that's when i can untangle things going on in my life that just seemed knotted beyond help. that's practically the only time i can make decisions. my brain does its best work when the rest of me is asleep. sleep is like a block of several hours where i can let rational thoughts take over. if i'm overreacting or underreacting or reacting in the wrong way to something, i will realize this when i wake up because  my brain spent the past few hours going over everything and being smart when my emotions were busy sleeping.

so when i wake up and still feel sick to my stomach, when i'm still tightrope walking over a storm of emotions, this must mean that this is the rational way to act about whatever it was that was bothering me before i went to sleep, right? everything else has settled into its rightful place, so that's what this is doing too, right?

also, the fact that i barely slept last night and have a wedding tonight does not make me happy. if you know anything at all about arab weddings, then you'll know that i probably won't be home until around three if im lucky. in the morning, yes. i'm already dreaming of going back to sleep. *yawn*

*I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJuly 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM

    i do my best thinking when i'm just about to fall asleep... and then i wake up quickly to write it down..but end up never remembering the genius thoughts that i had. so sad... :(

    btw..how was the wedding? was she pretty or was it disaster makeup (kinda like mine) like her red eyeshadow fiasco at sawsan's wedding??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure your thoughts only seem genius because you're half asleep :P

    and the wedding was really nice, a lot of eating though. like they practically fed each other the entire cake and then instead of juice they had ice cream and stuff. her dress was okay, like i liked the skirt part but the top was a little unnecessary. i'll give you details later, just remind me.

    ReplyDelete