Saturday, July 10, 2010

this one goes out to you

this is a break from rambling posts about the busy nothings that i fill my days with.
this is a break from pointless posts describing the random thoughts that flit through my mind on a daily basis. 
this is a break from posts published purely so that i have to stop editing a piece of writing.
this is a break from posts detailing the going-ons of the world - be it real, tech, or literary. 
this is a break from me to talk about something really, truly important: you

this blog was started in a burst of procrastination. it soon became my very own pensieve, and the best way to empty my mind when it needed clearing. it is now probably the one thing i check every time i'm online - more than my facebook, more than most of my emails. and you know why? because of you people. sure, at the end of the day i write for myself, but you all make it so much better. your comments make my day (even weird ones from random anonymouses?anonymi?anonymice? provide entertainment) and i adore the glimpses into the lives of all the bloggers i read. in my blog, i don't have to censor myself or pretend to be someone i'm not to fit in with the image people have of me. and as a result, you guys probably know me better than most people. you have seen my ups and downs, moments i'm proud of and moments that make me cringe. you know it all. i have always harbored a desire to become a writer, but i would never let anyone read what i wrote. ever. until you. thanks to all of you, i am getting over my fear of sharing my writings. without you, i probably would have never had the nerve to write a novel, or let people read it. if it wasn't for every single one of you, my writer dreams would still be sitting on a shelf covered in dust. and while they may still be on the shelf right now, at least i've wiped off all the dust and have considered taking them down. 

so i wanted to take a moment to thank all of you. thank you to those of you who have put a smile on my face through a comment. thank you to those of you who follow. thank you to those of you who have ever read a single post. thank you, from the bottom of my heart. 

end sappiness.

*Everyone - Backstreet Boys

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJuly 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    i know im awesome..your are most welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, that's why we're always coming back..

    Oh, and I'm a fan of sappiness these days. So go on ^_^

    ReplyDelete