Wednesday, August 10, 2011

staring at the blank page before you

yesterday afternoon facebook decided that it was too cool to work for me, and it hasn't come to its senses since then. now, i'm about as far from a facebook junkie as you could get so normally this wouldn't annoy me in the least bit. but recently it's become pretty much the only contact i have with my family and i have a bunch of scrabble (lexulous) games that i'm winning in that i would really like to finish. so yeah.

this could, however, be a good thing because yesterday i was also overcome with a desire to write. not to write just another short piece of prosetry, not to scribble down a short story or a scene from a longer one, but to really write. to lose myself in a world of my own creation, to meet new characters born in my head and introduce them to the rest of the world, to struggle with them over the obstacles that i never quite seem to plan. having no facebook could mean one less distraction from writing, and god know i find enough of those.

i actually didn't start writing yesterday. sad, i know. i just stared at a blank screen for a while before i decided to read, but the feeling is still here. as soon as the story comes to me i will begin to write it, and i am excited. 

*Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

1 comment:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusAugust 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM

    lol i dunno why but this post made me laugh. especially the last sentence. :D "and i am excited" sounds cheesy i guess...maybe thats why it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete