Wednesday, May 27, 2009

call on me brother when you need a hand

i hate how even though i have been nothing but reliable for the past 21 years of my life, or mostly reliable, it still comes as a struggle for my parents to ask me to do something and then just have faith that i'll do it. my mom is sleeping at hannahs house to help with the baby. okay cool, not the first time. she asks me to wake up with my brothers before school. fine, not the first time for that either. my dad says they get up at 5:15... ridiculously early considering a couple of months ago they woke up at 6:20, but i'm okay with that. since my dad is usually at the masjid from 4:45 till 6:45ish, he reminds me no less than five hundred times to set my clock. i assure him thati have woken up early before, know how to set an alarm, and will wake them up at their normal time. i wake up at 5:05, wash up and everything, wake them up at 5:15, and everything is going swimingly. until my dad walks in at 5:30. also, not the first time. and he comes in completely surprised that i had everything under control and tells me i can go back to sleep. um no, i cant. once i'm up, i'm up. if you were planning on coming home super early to get the boys shipped off to school, then why did i have to wake up?? and the thing is, i knew he would do this, because he always does, but if i hadnt woken up i'd be labeled as an unreliable lazy bum for the rest of my life. grr.

oh, and hannah, i hate you too cause it's your fault i'm up so early.

*Lean on Me - The Temptations

1 comment:

  1. :'( you're so mean!!!

    and its hishams fault mommy as at our house. he has these "bright ideas" as ali says...which he finds incredibly smart and great. when in reality they are so the opposite and make absolutely no sense.

    ReplyDelete