Saturday, May 30, 2009

i'm leaving on a jet plane. i don't know when i'll be back again...

...okay so maybe i do, but whatever. traveling day is finally here, well kinda, and i am uncharacteristically nervous. not the excited nerves, either, but the real oh crap what am i doing nervous. i dunno if it's because i have no idea what to wear on the plane, which for me is a big deal. i always pack the night before, but i'll know what i'm wearing on the plane weeks in advance. not like i sit thinking about it, but when my dad says "we're leaving," my mind replies with a "this is what you'll wear: (insert mental image of outfit)". or maybe it's because i won't see my nephew until he's freaking 6 months old. that's double the time he's been alive so far. i'll miss everything. or maybe just cause there's so many people... and they're all in arabic. i dunno, but whatever it is, it's freaking me out.

oh, and rashad, before i forget... i'd like to clarify my answer to if i would still be blogging from over there. i dunno if my uncle just didnt wanna be helpful or if he was telling the truth or what, but the internet situation is looking kinda iffy at the moment. sooo if i have internet then yes, i will be blogging. duh. if not, then i'm sorry but you'll have to live without my awesomeness for a whole three months. i know, what will you do with yourself?

back to the point, i should probably go finish off my bag and do other getting ready related stuff so that tomorrow i'll be free to deal with my parents' panicking.

a moment of procrastination before i'm off to responsibility: a funnyish story bout my brothers today. they like to play online games... pop tropica, fun brain, postopia. they usually only play those so we put them on my parents' laptop and go about our business. apparently, one of ali's friends gave him a link to other online games. the site has spongebob, scooby doo, ben10... but it also has less appropriate ones. i wasn't aware that they were not playing games about fruity pebbles this morning while i was cleaning the living room. so abdullah goes, "sarah, the computer guy called me the b word." my mom banned the word booger from our house, so i assumed that was the b word he was talking about. i laughed or something and he was like "no the b-i-t-c-h word." that shocked me. why would fred flintstone be using that kind of language?? then ali chimes in with "actually, he said 'fuck you, bitch!'" i was flabbergasted, and of course race over to see what the hell they were playing. turns out they were playing south park. why would anyone put south park next to tom and jerry on internet games?? needless to say, i will be censoring the internet on that computer first chance i get.

*Leaving On a Jet Plane - Chantal Kreviazuk

2 comments:

  1. The ProcrastinatorMay 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM

    safe trip my love. i hope you have internet, i've come to depend on your blog.

    ReplyDelete