Wednesday, May 25, 2011

caught in a craze, it's just a phase, or will this be around forever?

i've gotten too comfortable with not posting any new blog posts. it hasn't been that long since my last post, but i feel if i don't force myself to write something today, i'll end up just stopping this thing. dunno why, exactly.

anyway, yesterday i was teaching my brother how to finger crochet. when he got the hang of it, he was super excited. this was his first reaction: "awesome! now i have a way of making a living. i'm gonna live in a cardboard box and when anyone gets near me i'm gonna yell at them to go away cause i'm finger crocheting." a boy after my own heart, he is.

also when we were in the car going to pick up my sister, this was our conversation.
him: sarah, if you could go back to any time in history, when would you go to?
me: the victorian era. (this is always my off the top of my head answer for this question.)
him: i dunno what that is.
me: it's when queen victoria was queen of england. a lot of books i read are about that time. and they wore pretty dresses.
him: oh. i would go back to my childhood.
me: you're only ten.
him: no, i mean my childhood before school. when only hannah was in college and daddy would take us to play by the lake and he would chase us and me and ali would run away and hide and we'd have to jump over mud puddles. those were good times.
i had some stupid answer i can't remember. it made me kinda sad.

random note, i woke up this morning suddenly thinking about my old inflatable chair. remember how those were so popular back in the day? (well, if you were a 90s kid.) and speaking of the 90s, i feel like i'm going crazy because whoever i mention pogs to has no idea what i'm talking about. pogs were a raging fad back then, weren't they? i couldn't have just imagined the whole thing. and MASH. do you guys remember MASH? that's still how i decide my future. oh, and what ever happened to skorts and overalls? i was having a conversation about them the other day. i used to own both and loved them both. they were the cool things to wear. okay i'm gonna stop before this just becomes a 90s nostalgia word vomit thing.

*Stop - Spice Girls (i thought it was appropriate)

6 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusMay 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    i was totally going to say ali was the finger crochet-er because it totally sounded like soemthing he would say.

    the college comment made me sad for him but also for me...because my god so much time has passed since then and it depresses me. :'(

    pogs...funny you mention them .. i was watching something on tv the other day i dont remember what...but they were talking about fires in a house and what you would save and the guy in the voiceover said he would run in only to save his pog collection. :D
    and overalls...there was some LOSER saudi guy a few weeks ago waiting to get into a store and he was wearing overalls...that were brand new, no wrinkles, no tears, and completely fitted. i wanted to gag and i even told hish to look at him. but he didn't see anything wrong. EVERYONE knows overalls are supposed to be baggy and comfy...not fitted and ironed. stupid fob. and lastly our american redneck friend (he actually calls himself a redneck) wear overalls sometimes. :D and when he does then he really looks like a red neck.

    as for skorts..i was just thinking about them recently. skorts when out of fashion when showing your underwear or lack of underwear became cool. :D

    and thats the end of this essay like comment. oh except to say you are such an idiot why don't you answer your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous hippopotamusMay 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM

    yuck! i said totally twice in one sentence i think its time for me to go to sleep. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope. abdullah can be surprising. i haven't seen anyone in overalls in forever. i was obsessed with them. and my phone was up and i was down all day. i came up at ten thirty and just fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous hippopotamusMay 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM

    me too! i loved overalls...remember that pair that i wore ALL THE TIME??? I was actually going to buy a pair recently but i feel like maybe i am too old for them.

    oh and thats not true about not seeing anyone wear them in forever...you saw Hamza and you saw Omar. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous hippopotamusMay 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM

    i saw this and it TOTALLY reminded me of you...lol

    http://oliviarenn.blogspot.com/2011/02/modge-podge-book-page-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hamza and omar don't count. babies can wear anything. and those shoes are awesome. i want to make a pair.

    ReplyDelete