Tuesday, May 10, 2011

take it, take it all, take all that i have

for everything i've done for you, you'd think i'd rate a little higher on your list of priorities. instead i'm somewhere between gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe and that kid on the class the day after yours.

underneath all your supposed intelligence, you'd think you'd have the ability to see that everything you're complaining to me about them is everything you are.

common decency is really all i'm expecting. my expectations in humanity were buried along with my hopes for it, but i thought i'd get at least that much. but go ahead, blow me off and then subject me to hours of complaints and stories about the people you ditched me for.

kick me when i'm down. pull my feet out from under me. eat all of my chocolates. and then go crying about how i'm mean. tell me that everything is my fault. please. i'd like nothing more.

you're bleeding me dry and calling me worthless, using my brain, my arms. my legs and whining that they're not smart enough, strong enough, fast enough. you're taking everything that i have and complaining that you're going broke.

open my chest and pull out every capillary from my body. use them to tie your lies together into a gleaming red coat of self-confidence. use my logic to justify yourself. but i'm not listening. i don't care anymore.

unless you grow up, and fast, this is it. i've used up all my patience, borrowed from the neighbors, and finished that too. i'm done with this. i'm through with you.

---

the people in my life are really fucking amazing.

*Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM

    omg i can't believe i didn't comment on this..reading it again i remember wanting to comment but forgetting or getting busy.. anyways i really liked this.

    its sad and depressing...but i love it immensely! haha immensely just sounds so funny there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um i think you're slap happy, but thank you anyway.

    ReplyDelete