Wednesday, July 8, 2009

get it all down on paper

have any of you ever heard of flarf or spoetry?? we did a bunch of it in this class i took. you may have seen some of it and reactions about it in my HNRS 353 blog before i took it down. if you did, then i am extremely sorry that you live such a boring life that you feel the need to read my school work in what i'm sure was a failed attempt to amuse yourself. really, truly sorry for you. anyways, just to make sure we're all in the same book (we found it impossible to all get on the same page when it concerned flarf in class), flarf and spoetry are kind of the modern art of the poetry world. flarf is google based poetry. you google really random search terms and then take what comes up in the results and make a poem. some of them are funny, some stupid, and some really, really disturbing. youtube it. my teacher was like a professional flarfist or whatever they're called and would perform her poetry at big places where flarf is performed. spoetry, in case you're a tad slow this morning, is spam poetry and basically the same as flarf except instead of google results you use the subject line of spam emails. both are actually pretty fun to do, and i suggest everyone try them at least once. it's surprising what you come up with.

so enough of that, yesterday i was dead bored and joe was off. gasp, i know. joe is never off during the day. so anyways i was going through my ipod and made an iPoem (songs were on shuffle and for each song i skipped to a random part and wrote down the first lyric that i heard). it doesnt really make sense, and it's not really worth reading. so why am i posting it?? i need something to do. i am waiting for 10:30 and staring at the clock seemed to make it go slower. so, what i'm trying to say is, you can stop reading now and just leave this post a bit more knowledgable about modern poetry methods. that being said, you can always continue:

Late at night I'm still wide awake
Put up your hands, say 'I don't want to be in love.'
No one can possible listen to this,
my tongue still misbehaves, and it keeps digging my own grave.
Somehow, I know I'll be strong.
Come on now this is screaming
now I'm sick of thinking anything at all.
Driving slow on Sunday morning and I never want to leave.
I feel so cheap, so used, unfaithful
For how long?
There's a reason why no one knows her name.
My heart, my pain won't cover up. You left me
after school walking home
I will always love you,
and I know that you're a sucker
hanging above as the conyon comes between.
And from your lips she drew the broken halleluja.
I get the strangest feeling you belong
I know this hurts, it was meant to
before loneliness will cause my heart to break.
She's beautiful as usual
I just can't look, it's killing me.
A story of losing a lover
See what you've gone and done
Ringing bells, it's red alert
well, a 33 year old grandma...
and that's all I get to know.
And that's about the time she walked away from me.
Well, I never pray, but tonight I'm on my knees,
let me take you on the ride of your life.
No one like you.
It was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard
Our breath rose in the cold
Everyone you know, someday, will die.
If only I could get through this
tonight, I could be your hero, baby.

it seems longer typed :/

*Breathe - Anna Nalick

3 comments:

  1. wow!!! i loved it... and im not being sarcastic.. that was a really cool poem.

    im guessing you took the lyrics and organized them not just randomly wrote them down...am i right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes a sense in a non-making sense kind of way. Like the poetry you have to analyze to understand, or the poetry where the author just writes thought that coincide with their feelings? Either way, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah, i didnt organize them or i wouldve made it make more sense. i wrote em down in the order the songs came.

    ReplyDelete