Sunday, July 26, 2009

why don't you listen to me?

i hate it when people don't listen to me. i learned a long time ago that some people are talkers and some are listeners. i am undoubtedly a listener. always have been. but when i say something, listen god dammit. don't ignore me. don't act like what i'm saying doesnt matter. don't pretend that you know me better than i know myself. i am not a child. i know what i want - sometimes - and what i dont want - most of the time - and i need you to recognize that. when i say that i dont want to get married, especially not to you, do not tell me that when you set your mind on something you always get it. what are we, cavemen? do you think you can drag me by my hair to your cave, grunt a couple of times, and pronounce me your wife? do not tell me that we will get married and make it seem like a good thing. i am not that easily distracted. do you think that because you say 'we will get married and it'll be like a dream come true' i will forget that i dont want to?? do you think ignoring what i say will make me start to ignore it too?? are you really that delusional?? when i say you're a clingy drama queen, that does not mean i want to have your babies. really. even if you already have their names picked out.

when i talk, listen. hear what i'm telling you and not what you want to hear. when you are busy planning my future, think about taking what i want into account.

*Listen - Goo Goo Dolls

7 comments:

  1. "when you set your mind on something you always get it."

    Geez, I wonder why that line could have failed to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whose mahoney??

    and lol rashad i know i mean i thought that was a fool proof pick-up line. *rolls eyes*

    *sigh* i dont know why but reading this particular blog gives me such satisfaction..haha. its like it takes a huge weight off my chest...guess cuz im feeling all annoyed and misery does love company.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i want someone to grunt and pull me by my hair. i think then you can get super vicious and remove their privates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lool i dunno... it made sense 4 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me Maha, aka sarah's neighborhood friend whom she NEVER sees loool

    ReplyDelete