Wednesday, July 8, 2009

what's the purpose? it feels so worthless

a few days (weeks?) ago, i read a blog complaining about saudi arabia's tendancy to block certain websites, a lot of which have no block-worthy content. she was complaining that she couldnt check a blog that she reads, a blog that i, too, follow. of course, i went to the blog immediately to check, worried that i'd have to go the next two and a half months with no updates. i clicked on the link and let out a sigh of relief as the page loaded. i couldnt help but feel a little smug that the site wasnt blocked for me.

and then today happened. for some unfathomable reason something possessed me to delete the cache memory. so i did. and then i noticed that there was an update i hadnt seen that i would really like to read. so i clicked on the link and... nothing. at least not anything i wanted to see. instead of my website i got the dreaded screen telling me how i'm trying to go to a forbidden page that some of you may be familiar with. for those of you who arent, here it is:

and i'm telling you, people, there is nothing wrong with the site.

okay, i think to myself, so i go two months without reading it. i wont die. it's not like it's blocked from me forever (my condolences to those for who this isnt the case). so i check my email instead. i've been waiting for this link to download something important, and when i open my inbox, i have it! that's just what i needed to get over my annoyance. i open the email, completely forgetting that one of my blogs has been blocked, i click on the link, and... you guessed it. that stupid green and white screen. it's blocked. why?? once again, no idea.

this is getting way out of hand people. the link may very well be dead by the time i get back to america. do they not know that?? do they not know how important this link is to my mental health?? do they not care??

*More than Useless - Relient K

2 comments:

  1. -_-
    Submit an unblock request. It works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me the link...i'll download whatever it is for you and then send it to you..

    ReplyDelete