Thursday, July 30, 2009

the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind

have you ever thought about your death?? i'm not talking about the metaphysical stuff or the religious life after death aspect. but the actual day you die.

not even as much about how it happens... car crash, plane crash, getting trampled by a stampede of hungry college students on their way to lunch. my thoughts are consumed by the more trivial points: what i'll be wearing or doing at the moment.

knowing me, i'll probably be in some outfit that'll give the doctors something to laugh about as they announce my time of death. my socks won't match, i'm sure of that. it will probably be in a time that i have neglected to shave my legs. if anyone looks through my bag, they wouldn't find much besides gum and chapstick... and an awful license picture. i wonder if i'll be listening to my iPod and what song will be playing. i have to remember to take off any songs that are an embarrassment to human kind.

and what about after?? when people go through my room, my stuff?? my closet will more likely than not be a complete mess. it will probably the day before laundry day when my laundry basket is nice and overflowing. they'll find everything i write - something i dont like people to read - and realize exactly why i didnt want them reading it after they are thoroughly confused by the first few pieces. they'll wonder about my treasures that are really just sentimental junk, and probably throw them away. all of the movie ticket stubs i've saved - for god knows what reason - will probably label me as psychotic. my favorite clothes that my sisters aren't allowed to borrow (not that they listen) will be up for the taking. that is, if my family even bothers to go through my stuff. the mess might just scare them off, and some men with a bulldozer may just have to clear out my room for them... straight into the city dump.

and, no, i'm not morbid. so you can just stop thinking that. it's actually pretty comical in my head.

on an entirely different note, this song has been stuck in my head all day:




*Blowin' in the Wind - Bob Dylan

4 comments:

  1. HEEEEY!!! i have never worn any of you favorite clothes...without asking and begging you first. i resent the fact that i was piled in the word sisters...i demand that you edit it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what? i thought about it before, and my sister and i made a pact to destroy the diaries and the embarrasing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sisers and i kinda did the same thing, but only with the online and on computer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think about what I'll be doing in the process of my death..I always pray that I'm doing something good for my religiosity like praying, reading quran, or sabi7ing
    it would be completely embarrassing if I died while shaving my legs perhaps, or dancing like a goofball, or acting stupid with my brothers, etc.

    ReplyDelete