Saturday, July 4, 2009

try to stay awake and remember my name

i hate hate hate it when people spell my name without the h. yes, hate to the power of three. especially when said people should know better. if you are writing on my facebook wall, it says my name right there so dont get it wrong. if i have known you for years, then dont get it wrong. if we were just having a conversation about names that end with h, dont get it wrong. and dont tell me that it doesnt make a difference. because it does. would you like me to change your name for you?? because that is what you are doing when you eat my h, you are changing my name. and i would really rather you didnt. have you ever read/watched anne of green gables?? she always introduced herself as anne spelled with an e. why?? because it makes a difference. it really does. it doesnt matter if ann and anne or sara and sarah are pronounced the same way. they are spelled differently which makes them different. a sara is not a sarah in your mind's eye, and i would really prefer to be a sarah than a sara.

stop being cheap and give me my h.

-Sarah spelled with an h

*Everybody's Changing - Keane

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM

    haha when i read the first sentence of this post i immediately said anne spelled with an e. hahaha

    and least theres only one way to misspell your name. i've gotten hanna, hana, hanah, hanaa, hannaa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think if i had your name i would just curl up and die. i wouldnt be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete