Saturday, July 11, 2009

i'm gonna make this short and sweet


dreamt about school... two months early




in my dreams last night (half an hour ago) summer vacation finished and we were back in america (we're going back the day before school). in real life i woke up, turned off my alarm, and went back to sleep. that got taken into my dream. my brothers had already left for school and suddenly i remember that i have school, too. this wouldnt be such a big problem - i've done my share of skipping classes - but i have a meeting with a professor before class about graduation and grad school and stuff thats kinda super important. this is where my brain became really confused between dreams and reality. i get out of bed in a panic. i couldnt miss that meeting. i go flying around my room looking for clothes and my school bag and a notebook and pen. i couldnt find anything, which sent me into a further panic. it took me a good ten minutes of tearing my room apart for my brain to wake up enough to realize that the reason i cant find anything is because all that stuff is in my room in america, not this one. and the reason i'm in this one is because there are almost two months left of summer vacation before school. :/

*Short and Sweet - Matchbox Romance

5 comments:

  1. i HATE it when you dream about something that hasn't happened and then right when you wake up you panic 'cause you think you've missed it!

    plus i have wacky dreams: i might dream i'm doing laundry, but then all of a sudden crazy monkeys appear to sit on my shoulder and whisper in my ear.

    happy six word saturday:)

    andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes have dreams about school which is weird since I haven't been in school for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always dream about missing classes, first day and I can't find classes, missing the bus. And I graduated from college almost 10 years ago

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. panicked dreams are the WORST especially when you can't find what you need and the clock is ticking. (Kind of like McGruber - LOL) Enjoy your 2 months before going back to school :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a dream about school would be a nightmare for me :)

    ReplyDelete