Thursday, August 6, 2009

my bones ache, my skin feels cold

it seems that the forces of the universe are out to get me. or at least get me very frustrated.

first, remember that wonderfully stolen internet connection that i was so grateful for in my room?? yes well, it has recently developed this allergy to google. not just google.com, but anything and everything related to google. chrome, gmail, blogger... you get the picture. none of them work on that connection any more. lucky (?) for me, my dad got dsl a couple of weeks ago, so im not entirely internetless. however, the stolen connection seems to have claimed my room as its territory and the new connection is too much of a wimp to get in through the door. so to use the excellent dsl my dad got, i have to venture into the living room. now, this wouldnt be a problem except that when i leave the safety of my bedroom to take joe into the living room, i run into the parents and the brothers who seem to think that if i'm not in my room i'm free to use for their disposal. not that being in my room gets me complete protection, but i can barely log into my email in the living room without having to pause to talk or watch or do something.

so i figure, okay the universe is sending me a message. it is trying to tell me that there is this thing called a world outside of the 15 inches of my laptop screen. in this so called world, people have these things called lives. and these people (yes, real tangible people, the ones i'm apt to forget about when i enter the blogosphere) communicate with each other without typing. they use the spoken word and hand gestures and other such crazy stuff. i'm not one to shy away from a new experience, so i welcomed the chance to live internet-free with open arms (or at least with very minimal hair-pulling, tear-jerking, full scale temper tantrums).

and then the universe decides to be funny and i get sick. stomach stuff (which may or may not be the result of stuffing my face for two months straight). so i'm stuck in bed for a day. not a big problem. i may not be able to enter the "real world" or the virtual world for a bit, but i am not completely lost. there is still that lovely fictional world of literature that i loved way before i met joe. and with a complete series of books borrowed from my cousins (english books that i'm not sure they knew they had. they certainly had never read them) i'm set. and yes, they may be really old and slightly pointless stories, but they were books. so i was content.

and then, then the universe started to take things too far. just when i get over the stomach stuff, i sneeze and suddenly i have a full-fledged cold on my hands. no exaggeration, it was that sudden. and if suffering with the sore throat, congestion, and coughing isnt enough, i find out that i'm almost done with the book series. i have one and a half books left. how did that happen?? there were so many of them.

so now, i'm kicked to the curb by the three worlds that i know and am left with nothing better to do than ask why? and blow my nose.

*Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

2 comments:

  1. anonymous hippopotamusJune 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    uhhh ever heard of sleep? thats what normal ppl do when they're sick :P

    ReplyDelete