Friday, August 28, 2009

what do you think of me? are you quite proud of this make-believe

despite what you say, you dont love me - not the real me. you cant. because you never got to know me. i didnt let you. so instead you made a pretty picture of me and locked it up in your heart where no one could spoil it, no one could change it, no one could stain it with the bleeding touch of reality. not even me. not even you. you fell in love with the idea of being in love, with the idea of someone being in love with you. you needed someone to be there for you always. you needed a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. so you took my picture and made it be what you needed. it couldve been anyone, but it was me. you needed me to have no needs of my own, so you imagined i didnt. you are deaf to what i say, you are blind to what i do. saying i love you doesnt make it true. you can stop trying to prove anything to me, because i stopped caring. you suffocated me with the smothering image of what you wanted me to be, and all your dreams about the future cant revive me. dont grieve over me because despite what you say, you don't love me.

*So Damn Beautiful - Polaroid

3 comments:

  1. <3

    i love everything you write. plus is this about someone in particular, like the wolfish one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is. howd you ever guess??

    ReplyDelete